BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a Mytivac from the states, what a bit of kit, I can see why you rave about it.
Only problem is................I didn't realise you had to order the brake fluid containder in the same order. Thought it was included and now don;t seem to be able to order separate.
Does anyone know any different?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,474 Posts
Hi,

Which one did you buy? just been looking on the site and the kit looks interesting. They have a distributor less than 2 miles from my Sister in VA Beach.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,406 Posts
I made my own fluid jar from a small MASON jar and lid. Punched 2 holes in lid and soldered two short pieces of copper tubing that hoses attach too. placed a longer hose to bottom of jar ( Hose then connects to calipers fitting ) other hose on top of lid go's to VAC pump.

You can then draw a vacuum with pump on jar that is sufficient enough that as you open bleeder valve on caliper you can pull fresh fluid with out a lot of additional pumping :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,474 Posts
motorhead said:
I made my own fluid jar from a small MASON jar and lid. Punched 2 holes in lid and soldered two short pieces of copper tubing that hoses attach too. placed a longer hose to bottom of jar ( Hose then connects to calipers fitting ) other hose on top of lid go's to VAC pump.

You can then draw a vacuum with pump on jar that is sufficient enough that as you open bleeder valve on caliper you can pull fresh fluid with out a lot of additional pumping :)
:worthless

Go on then, show us a picture, might save Cookie a quid or two if he or I can bodge one together.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,406 Posts
myk_edwards said:
:worthless

Go on then, show us a picture, might save Cookie a quid or two if he or I can bodge one together.
Will do so tonight :p ..... Tough crowd !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,474 Posts
motorhead said:
Will do so tonight :p ..... Tough crowd !
Too bloody right :rotf:

Just think how much money you can save your biker buddies with the simple addition of a picture :)

Thank you in advance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,406 Posts
Well dug it out and realized I had redone it. same idea but used a screw top glass jar with brass fittings on the top.
Still the fitting with hose in bottom of jag go's to the calipers bleed fitting, other too the vac pump.
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats the job - thanks


motorhead said:
Well dug it out and realized I had redone it. same idea but used a screw top glass jar with brass fittings on the top.
Still the fitting with hose in bottom of jag go's to the calipers bleed fitting, other too the vac pump.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top