BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As a recent new owner of a 2000 K1200LT I'm still finding stuff on the bike that I can't identify. The main picture shows the area under the drivers seat where there's a white 4 pin plug with nothing attached. Can anyone identify what this is please?

I've also discovered a cable located in the top box (trunk) that has a connector but currently not plugged into anything. It's a two cable wire and the end connector is black with 'BMW AMP' written on it. Again, any clues as to what this might be. Last 2 pictures show this cable

Many thanks in advance....

Attachments

·
Registered
656 Posts
Your pictures didn't turn up in your post. The 4 pin sounds like it is for the seat heater and the 2 pin in the trunk sounds like the rack light

·
Registered
656 Posts
Yup the one is for the rear seat heater and the small one is for the rack light bar if you have it.

You'll find a plugin up by the front seat on the left hand side under the plastics for the front seat heater

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
In addition to what Kevin said, the connector plug for the white (passenger seat heat) plug in will be attached to the passenger seat IF your bike has the heated seat feature.

I'm not positive that the fuse layout on Euro bikes is the same as the layout for the North American bikes, butt if so, then you can use the following list to tell you what is in the three fuse boxes across from the heated seat connector. They have a snap-on front panel and each box will contain four fuses. See the attachment for a description as to my '99 model year LT. And if you have the small booklets that came with the bike, there may be a list in the Service and Tech booklet or the Rider Manual booklet.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts