BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished putting in a new main seal, clutch plates, and transmission seals. Now I'm putting the 2002 LT back together. I was pretty good at labeling things but I found a part that is missing the blue tape I used to label with. For the life of me I cannot think of what this goes to or with. I cant find anything in my Clymers or the fiche. Until my memory returns on this I thought there might be one of you out here that would recognize it. FYI, I did all the removals to lower the engine/raise the frame, so things like the gas tank, air box, throttle body, and fuel rail as well as everything to get to the clutch.

Any guesses?

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
i believe that part holds up your wires for the side stand switch. the two holes should line up with two of the bolts holding up the
center/side stand assembly.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bet you are right. I put the stand assembly back on already and the assembly plus several other pieces were in the same pile. I still don't see it on the fiche but I will take a peek at that tomorrow night.

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i looked, didn't see it ether. but i bet if you look under your bike you will see the wires kinda hanging there.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
yes lots of wires. I'm just struggling picturing where this part goes. I'll try to find a picture on the web that has it.

I was so good at taking pictures of everything and labeling, then this ONE part lays there and taunts me. lol I also must have been tired when I removed it as I have no pictures. grrrr

·
Registered
11 Posts
Kirk Johnson's video on servicing the manual center stand shows it wired to the stand as he is working on it. this doesn't
really show you how it bolts on, but at least confirms it belongs under there! i believe the front two bolts hold it up.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just found some ebay pics of the assembly and it looks like its on the left side going from front to back bolts. I'll take a look at Kirk's video again too. Thanks again. I think you win the prize.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Without a doubt, it is the bridge between the left side front and rear bolts on the center stand where the switch wires are tied to. May not be absolutely necessary but it will keep the wires from bouncing around and eventually braking from fatigue. Have fun putting it on. Circled in red.

Attachments

Reactions: Patric

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gordon, that pic is perfect! THANK YOU!

I knew you guys could get me back on track!

·
Registered
586 Posts
There are always parts left over, it's almost an unwritten rule. I recently replaced my fork seals and I had a couple of tupperwear screws left over.
I think you only really need to worry when the left over part has four spark plugs screwed into it.:grin:

·
Premium Member
7,615 Posts
There are always parts left over, it's almost an unwritten rule. I recently replaced my fork seals and I had a couple of tupperwear screws left over.
I think you only really need to worry when the left over part has four spark plugs screwed into it.:grin:
I never have parts left over. >:)

Reactions: bmwcoolk1200
1 - 11 of 11 Posts