BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting my 2000 LT back together after a main seal/clutch plate/gearbox job.

I was about to start plugging the fuel injector connectors in when, to my dismay, I counted (6) identical connectors. Obviously, (4) of those are for the injectors, and the other two are for something else.

I'm pretty certain I know which ones are for the injectors, but I'm not too sure about the other two. We'll call those "A" and "B".

One of them is for the temperature sensor on the air cleaner box. I'm sure once I mount the air cleaner box I'll be able to tell if its connector "A" or "B". However, I've been looking around and I can't figure out where I disconnected the other one from.

-Steve
Titusville, FL

Attachments

·
Registered
977 Posts
I'm putting my 2000 LT back together after a main seal/clutch plate/gearbox job.

I was about to start plugging the fuel injector connectors in when, to my dismay, I counted (6) identical connectors. Obviously, (4) of those are for the injectors, and the other two are for something else.

I'm pretty certain I know which ones are for the injectors, but I'm not too sure about the other two. We'll call those "A" and "B".

One of them is for the temperature sensor on the air cleaner box. I'm sure once I mount the air cleaner box I'll be able to tell if its connector "A" or "B". However, I've been looking around and I can't figure out where I disconnected the other one from.

-Steve
Titusville, FL
I think one goes to that "vacuum thingy" at top of your picture (probably the short cable) - mine was green w/white stripe (and some other color I can't see in my pics).

HTH.

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
on the air box some place ...air temp or something like that. :wave

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think one goes to that "vacuum thingy" at top of your picture (probably the short cable) - mine was green w/white stripe (and some other color I can't see in my pics).

HTH.
That connector is the one just above where it says "injector 2". I forgot to label it in the pic.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems that the long one, "B", is the one that is the temp sensor on the air cleaner box. Perhaps I'll spot my "A" guy in the morning.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts

-Steve
Titusville, FL
Because the 3 or 4 pins connectors are pretty much impossible to confuse, lets concentrate on the many 2 pins connectors of this left engine side:

1) A single 2 pins connector for the sensor attached to front of AIR-BOX is easy because its wire is longer than all other 2 pins connectors of this side. Just to be 100% sure, confirm that you see 1 wire BROW-YELLOW and the other wire BROWN-BLUE (unique combo of colors for this side)

2) All 4 injectors connectors look the same except for minor wire length difference because of location they go (injector 1 to 4 front front to rear). They all have the same wire colors for their 2 wires (GREEN-WHITE and YELLOW-GRAY). Because these BOSCH MOTRONIC are batch injection system, you could plug any of these 4 into any injectors and it would work the same. However, the wire length from harness is the clue which goes where (avoid undue pulling or stress on wires).

3) FINALLY, the remaining 2 pins connector that looks identical to the 4 injectors connector goes to the Charcoal canister vent valve (also called PULSE valve in manual). This PULSE valve is attached in front of the throttle bodies and has 2 vacuum hose (linked into the 4 small vacuum hose setup on 1 side - to the charcoal canister on the other side).

IMPORTANT NOTE 1: To avoid confusing the PULSE valve connector with one of the 4 injectors connector, confirm that this one has different color wires (1 is GREEN-WHITE, but the other wire is GREEN-BLUE).

IMPORTANT NOTE 2: if your K1200LT was not built for the USA market ..OR.. if it has been modified by previous owner to remove charcoal-canister, then you may NOT have a PULSE-valve in front of the throttle bodies. In such case, the connector can be left opened and zip-tied to fuel rail.

I can see a PULSE-Valve in your Photo, but I want these instructions to be "generic" and be able to help someone else in future that may have an Euro spec (or CANADA Spec) K1200LT where no PULSE-Valve is installed.

Attachments

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,171 Posts
Just make sure the injector connectors (or all of them in fact) are fully locked on. Give each one a gentle tug after connecting.

I did not get one injector connector seated fully and the bike ran good until I hit 4,000 RPM and the bike ran like crap. Below that it was fine. Found the connector pulled off number 1 real easy. Seated it properly and no problems. But it took a while to figure that out and I was on a trip to the mountains!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts