BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An acquaintance of mine in a Maine forum posted this.:thumb: His name is NorthernMaineLandMan.

My Wreath for Ben

Maine is famous for the wreaths we send to Arlington.

A few years ago I found this grave in the woods. I cleaned up the fallen branches and brushed the leaves and pine needles off the top of the stone. This is Benjamin Bowers, Private, 7th Massachusetts Regiment, Revolutionary War. I was awestruck that this patriot was here overlooking the Passadumkeag River in Maine. He received a section of land as a bonus for serving in the Revolutionary War. Ben and his wife, Sabrina, walked up the Penobscot River and followed the Passadumkeag river east until they found a south facing slope with good soils looking across at Passadumkeag Mountain. Last Memorial Day I hiked in to the site with my family. Yesterday I hiked in again to place a wreath and take this picture. I guess I'm still awestruck about this. It is unlikely that anybody will come across this wreath, but they sure will wonder about it if they do.

There are still Patriots in Maine. They walk among us.

Merry Christmas friends.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
How wonderful, I'm still searching for my Civil war (confederate) 2 x Great grandfathers grave, he survived the war, but it would be wonderful for someone one day to find his marker and be kind enough to lay some flowers.

You are a true gentleman Sir.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Very cool...thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Great post! This kind of thing just makes me proud to be American. Have a Merry Christmas, ayuh! :)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Thanks for your efforts to honor a Soldier.
Rest easy, Benjamin Bowers.
We have the watch, now.
Thank you for your service to our nation.

Hand Salute!

De Oppresso Liber
Strength and Honor

1 - 7 of 7 Posts