BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find it funny that the banner has an R-Type, a Slant K-Type, and a Rotax-Type. Yet there are no Brick-Type bikes to be seen.

Not a complaint just an amusing observation. :D

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
On earlier post the admin said he would bring that up with the Graphics folks. That was about a week ago..... :(

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Non of them have the passenger back rest.
I think they should put a Gold Wing on there for Touring.:D

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
what, you don't consider the GS 800 a "luxury touring" bike?

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
I was wondering what happened , when my old bookmark didn't work......What happened to the old front/home page?

·
Registered
12,165 Posts

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,352 Posts
We also have lost our "Files" area as well. At least I have not been able to find the technical articles I have previously posted.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I don't know if that is as bad as the Harley ad on a BMW site.
Or along those lines about 3 or 4 years ago Harley had a promo on their website for financing "to ride", it was even a HD promo. The motorcycle in the promo was clearly a Suzuki Boulevard C50-T. Two days later it was changed.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
We also have lost our "Files" area as well. At least I have not been able to find the technical articles I have previously posted.
i don't find 'em either, John.
And I can't find the photo images that were collected over the years and stored in the "Gallery" section. Looks like now, we are starting from scratch? Also, has anyone found the HoW pages?

·
Registered
977 Posts
i don't find 'em either, John.
And I can't find the photo images that were collected over the years and stored in the "Gallery" section. Looks like now, we are starting from scratch? Also, has anyone found the HoW pages?
Found the HOW via the SITE FAQ link...

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/faq.php?faq=bmwlt_net_faq#faq_hall_of_wisdom

Also just found a direct link at the right under SITE NAVIGATION from the HOME page...

Anyone know what CONTENT WRAPPER means in that same menu ?

·
Registered
211 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Next thing you know they'll remove the sentence "The K1200LT is the flagship motorcycle for BMW luxury touring."

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Or at least change is to was

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
Thanks, Gino. I should do a little navigating around to discover the new location of those things I been comfortable with the last 13 years! ;) I'll git there. Just a little slower than most! ;)

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,352 Posts
The HOW and its links to the old site (not sure where it is or who is maintaining it) are still there. The missing items are the technical files and member galleries. They must still be there some where as that is where my visited states map is located that I link to in CP for my signature line. Just have to figure out how to get there.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Seriously, who decided this was a good idea to do?
Admin from motorcycle.com. They own the site and can do anything they want. I'm not crazy about the changes and hope some of the features and pictures missing from the old home page come back. It would also be nice to have the announcement bar that used to be on every page in place too. I'm not going to hold my breath in hopes of getting my way. I'd hate to turn blue and fall out of my chair.:D

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Let's face it, times change. This site has a long history starting in Yahoo Groups with a few guys who bought the K1200LT in 99 and 2000 when it was a revolutionary new bike.

Fortunately for us, some of those guys morphed the Yahoo Group into a site on private servers and made it a really great asset for K1200LT owners. Folks like me who have frequented the site for more than a decade came to appreciate it for the camaraderie, gentlemanly helpfulness, and a huge database of collective wisdom.

With the passing of the the last model year of the K1200LT and the "founding fathers" of this site moving on to other things, it comes as no surprise to me that this site will tarnish, and lose it's former esteem.

The current owner's of the site don't have the site originator's connection with the bike, nor do they have the same motivation to serve the K1200LT community interest. They are just hoping for enough site traffic to keep advertising subscriptions.

Additionally, since new K1200LT owners are those buying used bikes at hugely discounted prices, the membership of the site is slowly changing from the original membership made of primarily of purchasers of new KLTs.

This site continues to be a great asset to KLT owners but the best days are past.

I have said, tongue in cheek, several times in the past that the K1600GTL was a "place holder" for the next true BMW KLT. Who knows maybe BMW will actually produce a new KLT based on the powerplant of the K1600 but with the creature comforts and aesthetic appeal of our beloved K1200LT. In my opinion the K1600GTL falls short in many ways. A true K1200LT successor might resurrect this site to its former glory, but more likely, a new site will surface in a different forum.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts