BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just completed a 7260 mile trip from my home in Ohio to the west coast. In three weeks a friend and I visited 6 national parks and seen
areas of the country new to both of us. I spent 3 days with my daughter who now lives in San Fransisco. My wife flew out and spent 3 weeks. I was riding my 05 pulling a cargo trailer. My friend started out on his 99 LT but finished the trip on a K1600 GTL. His bike with 116,000 miles lost a drive shaft along the way. The bike was towed to Tulsa BMW for repair and shipped home. The people at Tulsa BMW treated us wonderfull. It was a great trip. Give me 10 minutes and I would be ready to go again.

PS: I had told my wife if I had any trouble with the LT, I would be riding a new bike home. Don't you know that bike never missed a lick. It now has 59,000 miles without any trouble.

·
Premium Member
7,545 Posts
I just completed a 7260 mile trip from my home in Ohio to the west coast. In three weeks a friend and I visited 6 national parks and seen
areas of the country new to both of us. I spent 3 days with my daughter who now lives in San Fransisco. My wife flew out and spent 3 weeks. I was riding my 05 pulling a cargo trailer. My friend started out on his 99 LT but finished the trip on a K1600 GTL. His bike with 116,000 miles lost a drive shaft along the way. The bike was towed to Tulsa BMW for repair and shipped home. The people at Tulsa BMW treated us wonderfull. It was a great trip. Give me 10 minutes and I would be ready to go again.

PS: I had told my wife if I had any trouble with the LT, I would be riding a new bike home. Don't you know that bike never missed a lick. It now has 59,000 miles without any trouble.
It would take you 10 minutes?
>:)

·
Registered
275 Posts
I recently got back from a solo 11,400 mi 5 wk trip. Had to go riding the day after I got home. Had to tell the wife it was an addiction, a medical condition.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I often watch a U-tube video called " Rick's Trip West " when I get the urge to go west, it has some great scenery. Glad you had a good trip, hope to go myself someday.

·
Registered
83 Posts

I am planning a trip from CT to Yellowstone and back for next summer. May trailer the bikes to South Dakota rather than ride I80 and 90 all the way out.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I got back from out west 2 weeks ago from Mi I took route 2 through the upper Mi. through WI.,Minnesota,ND.,into Montana Went into Wa. and Oregon some not enough time spent in these two states.Into Idaho, Wy,Co.,NM.,top part of Texas ,Kansas,Missouri stayed way South of Chicago on Route 36 for good reason ended coming back up to Mi on 31 through Kokomo
Any way we never got on any interstate put on over 6,000 miles on the good old 2003 LT that has 98,000 on it with out any problems
Now I hoping to go to the Smokey Mountain Fall Reunion if the weather cooperates up north here at that time
I have to go there to meet that Gordon guy (bmwcoolk1200) and Dave (saddleman):wink:

·
Registered
684 Posts
We went to Bryce Canyon in Utah about 10 days ago. As we turned off of Highway 89 and onto Highway 12, we were soon greeted with a sign issuing a warning for all motorcyclist: Beware of Curvy Roads of for the next 100 miles :nerd::surprise::grin: Too bad I was in our new to us car, taking it on a circuitous trip home. I went to the Canyon and then back to 89 to go North. BUT, that 100 mile curvy road with beautiful scenery from the portion I saw is now on my riding bucket list. ARE YOU KIDDING ME: 100 MILES OF ROADS SO CURVY A WARNING SIGN IS NEEDED!!!

·
Registered
684 Posts
I am planning a trip from CT to Yellowstone and back for next summer. May trailer the bikes to South Dakota rather than ride I80 and 90 all the way out.
We just spent a couple of days in Yellowstone - It is Awesome! You will have a blast. Some people said Glacier National Park is even better (I hope to go their sometime in the next year or two.)

·
Premium Member
48 Posts

Buddy of mine and I did a "full circle" from Mena Arkansas, With RON in OK, Taos NM, CO, WY, on to Sturgis (4 days there) and back through NE, OK, then on to Mena. Only dropped the LT twice (second and third days), not even a scratch...but you gotta watch the gravel! There HAS to be a better seat out there...I was saddle-sore from day three to day 15. Did appreciate the entertainment system, the heated grips and seat...and cruise control is the ONLY way to go. The bike never gave me any trouble...and on looonng trips, that is a first for me. My buddies Honda 1300 died early and he switched to a VSTROM. I was glad to have the Beemer, even with a sore behind.

·
Registered
275 Posts
We just spent a couple of days in Yellowstone - It is Awesome! You will have a blast. Some people said Glacier National Park is even better (I hope to go their sometime in the next year or two.)
I'm 170 mi from glacier. If it works for you could likely give you a place to stay in the area and feed you ideas for area rides. Keep it in mind. Already sent you dropbox link to pics which include Glacier Park. GP is impressive.
Bob

·
Registered
684 Posts
I'm 170 mi from glacier. If it works for you could likely give you a place to stay in the area and feed you ideas for area rides. Keep it in mind. Already sent you dropbox link to pics which include Glacier Park. GP is impressive.
Bob
Hey Bob, I got the links and the story. I will check it out when on a plane next week. Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts