BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I forgot to ask the seller if that loud horn is stock. Anyway, mine sounds like a truck horn. It's loud! Do I have an OEM horn?
Eddie

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gunny said:
Compare it with someone who does have a stock horn.

Your horn can't be too loud.
I haven't had a chance to meet another LT owner. And I agree, it can't be too loud.
In fact I think I will refrain from using the horn near a cemetery fearing I might wake up the dead. :D
Eddie

·
Registered
78 Posts
EddieLo said:
I haven't had a chance to meet another LT owner. And I agree, it can't be too loud.
In fact I think I will refrain from using the horn near a cemetery fearing I might wake up the dead. :D
Eddie
Yep, it's OEM. Made my brother jump out of his shoes when he punched it. :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
FlyK12LT said:
Yep, it's OEM. Made my brother jump out of his shoes when he punched it. :D
yepper, the beemer has the BEST stock horn of any brand I've ever heard. I have a Big Boy air horn on the Valk and the LT horn is just as loud. A good loud horn will save your bacon from some inattentive cagers.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Yup - you likely have a stock horn. I have a Stebel air horn on my VTX and the BMW is very close to equally super loud.

·
Premium Member
7,622 Posts
rowie said:
Yup - you likely have a stock horn. I have a Stebel air horn on my VTX and the BMW is very close to equally super loud.
Reminds me of when I bought my LT back in 07. I rode it home, but had to get it titled and inspected in PA since I had bought it from a NY dealer. I had no occasion to use the horn on the ride home. I was in a local garage with concrete block walls and the mechanic had me exercise all of the lights and then said to confirm the horn worked. I hit the switch and we all about lost our ear drums! Man was that loud inside that garage. I generally suggest that inspection stations now do the horn test outside. :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Voyager said:
Reminds me of when I bought my LT back in 07. I rode it home, but had to get it titled and inspected in PA since I had bought it from a NY dealer. I had no occasion to use the horn on the ride home. I was in a local garage with concrete block walls and the mechanic had me exercise all of the lights and then said to confirm the horn worked. I hit the switch and we all about lost our ear drums! Man was that loud inside that garage. I generally suggest that inspection stations now do the horn test outside. :)
I saw it coming! That is funny.
Nice to know the LT has a loud horn.
Eddie

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
The nearest I've been to falling off a bike was the first time I used my LT horn.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Same here. Was about to make a left into my apartments and thought I was hitting left turn light. That'll sure wake you up!

·
Registered
152 Posts
olddog1946 said:
yepper, the beemer has the BEST stock horn of any brand I've ever heard. I have a Big Boy air horn on the Valk and the LT horn is just as loud. A good loud horn will save your bacon from some inattentive cagers.

I thought that was what loud pipes did?....... :histerica

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
In fact I think I will refrain from using the horn near a cemetery fearing I might wake up the dead.
Eddie
post of the day....I mean yesterday.

got to agree with others....can never be too loud.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
On the way home from BMW of Atl with my new (to me) 2001 LT, a distracted driver drifted into my lane while I was alongside the drivers door. i had not tried the horn until that moment and I don't know who jumped the hardest or highest me or the car driver, but he and I made plenty of room between the two vehicles in a hurry! Loudest stock horn I have ever heard. Love it!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ron02LT said:
I thought that was what loud pipes did?....... :histerica
In my experience, loud pipes just piss people off. I prefer the loud horn.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I thought I read somewhere it is the same horn as in the 700 series BMW cars. I did a side by side with someone at work who had one and they did sound pretty similar.

One time I got the bike inspected and they blew the horn to test it someone yelled "hey we don't work on cars in this shop!!"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts