BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode from OK to Destin Beach, FL with some Harley friends this weekend. We lost several hours because of a Harley that just didn't want to make the trip. I, of course, have to give 'em hell because of all of the Harley breakdowns we have had over the years....
... Well, today my low beam burned out and I stopped at at Advanced Auto Parts to get a replacement. As I sat in the parking lot on my butt trying to see to replace the bulb, they snapped a photo so that they could "prove" that my BMW breaks down on the road just like their Harleys.

I am sure I will hear much more about this when I get back. Oh well, I have to give them something to run with.... whatever makes them feel better! I guess if I can dish it out, I should be able to take it!

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Ask them this???

Depending on the year, the headlight on some Harley's were made in Germany, Boch. :)

·
Registered
938 Posts
A headlight bulb is not a breakdown... If the only thing that broke on any bike was a headlight bulb, that would be one reliable bike... headlights burn out on the most reliable pieces of equipment. So that doesn't hold water at all.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Headlights and Tires

Headlights seem to go about 30-40k on mine and tires 10-12k. These are normal wear and tear items and if they rode enough your friends would be replacing headlights to.

Now have 113,000+ miles and will continue to work on burning out another headlight.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
That's not a break down thing, it's a worn out thing. Tell'em that you have been ridding so much that the light just wore out. Like a tire, bulbs can only last for soo long and finally need to be replaced.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
ibbones said:
That's not a break down thing, it's a worn out thing. Tell'em that you have been ridding so much that the light just wore out. Like a tire, bulbs can only last for soo long and finally need to be replaced.
Yea...I agree. Except for the majority of Harley Riders...most of their tires DRY ROT before they wear out!!! :histerica :histerica

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Consider yourself quoted

Replying from my cell phone, so this will be short. I didn't intend for anyone to take this post seriously. I just thought it was funny to watch them grasp for anything they could find to gig me with. They know that bulbs are a maintenace item but it all the years we have ridden together this is the first time they have ever seen me wrench a bike on the road. I have pushed those harleys several times.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts