BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening. I puchased my 2001 K1200LT yesterday and I must say it's the second greatest bike I've ridden (K1200s is the first). I was very afraid prior to riding it due to the weight and riders talking about how easy it is to tip over, but after 5 miles in the saddle the fear went away. I was blown away with how easy it was to handle. I have a 600+ miles trip scheduled for the end of the month and I can't wait to see what thrills awaits me.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Good evening. I puchased my 2001 K1200LT yesterday and I must say it's the second greatest bike I've ridden (K1200s is the first). I was very afraid prior to riding it due to the weight and riders talking about how easy it is to tip over, but after 5 miles in the saddle the fear went away. I was blown away with how easy it was to handle. I have a 600+ miles trip scheduled for the end of the month and I can't wait to see what thrills awaits me.
Good luck James. I hope it is a good one and has been well maintained and you got a service history with it. If it still has the original rubber brake lines, they are a safety hazard and should be replaced as soon as possible with stainless braided lines. Most use Spieglers.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Welcome from Champaign, IL. Also fairly new to the LT (March). I doubt it will take you long to fall in love with her.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a 2003 LT Hannigan Trike and just finished a 5,000+ mile 6 week trip with my wife and a Bushtec trailer. I think you are going to like it! They have some quirks (Vapor Lock on hot start- just hit the start a couple of times/stop/ then start) (K-Whine about 3,000 to 3,500 in 5th gear) etc. But easy to work on and some great instructional videos on YouTube by fellow lovers of the LT.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good luck James. I hope it is a good one and has been well maintained and you got a service history with it. If it still has the original rubber brake lines, they are a safety hazard and should be replaced as soon as possible with stainless braided lines. Most use Spieglers.
Will do. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts