BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I installed my first farkle last Saturday, the Wunderlich Side Stand Foot Enlarger. :D
It should, and I think it will, give more stablility when parking the LT. It installs on the end of the stock sidestand with 3 bolts. It almost doubles the contact area and should help prevent tip-overs or permit parking on less firmer grounds.

·
Registered
292 Posts
If you are a swiss curve cowboy you will find that you will grind the extension down on your left hand curves.

Have fun in the Swiss Alps, I would love to try them someday

·
Registered
418 Posts
theoldone said:
If you are a swiss curve cowboy you will find that you will grind the extension down on your left hand curves.

Have fun in the Swiss Alps, I would love to try them someday
Had to replace both my sidestand (wore the front down) and center stand (broke it)

·
Registered
876 Posts
The solution is to increase the surface area of the side stand foot by adding to the inboard portion of it. This can be done by making a cardboard template and taping it to the side stand foot. Swing the stand up and trim the template to make sure nothing fouls under the bike or on the centre stand. Transfer the finished shape to a piece of 3 mm thick mild steel plate. Prep the existing foot and weld the plate on. Dress off and paint. Surface area increased, cornering clearance not compromised and side stand not damaged as a result. Or, just only ever park the bike on a paved surface.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts