BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i am a long time bike rider and have owned many different brands and models, but never
a BMW. I am looking at a 2004 LT with 31000 miles for about 10 gran.The bike is clean with
only miner scratches.Dealer will service the bike, but i am a little concerned about the miles.
I gees i am asking is it a good deal. any input would be helpful.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
444 Posts
cbr2020 said:
Hi i am a long time bike rider and have owned many different brands and models, but never
a BMW. I am looking at a 2004 LT with 31000 miles for about 10 gran.The bike is clean with
only miner scratches.Dealer will service the bike, but i am a little concerned about the miles.
I gees i am asking is it a good deal. any input would be helpful.

Are you worried the bike doesn't have enough miles on it? It is just getting broke in!

I have almost 22K on my '06, bouoght it last year with 11k on it.

$10K for an '04 with those miles is an okay deal.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,481 Posts
While the price seems ok, you might want to shop some more. I'm thinking you might be able to get an '05 for about the same money. There were some pretty substantial changes to the bike in '05 that others on this forum can detail better than me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
533 Posts
I bought a 05 LT with 10200 miles on it from a member of this forum for $13,200.00 back in March of this year. Since then I've seen similar deals for around the same price. I had a 99 LT until it got knocked from under me and when I went looking it was for an 05 or newer model. The improvement over the 99 made it worth it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,986 Posts
cbr2020 said:
Hi i am a long time bike rider and have owned many different brands and models, but never
a BMW. I am looking at a 2004 LT with 31000 miles for about 10 gran.The bike is clean with
only miner scratches
.Dealer will service the bike, but i am a little concerned about the miles.
I gees i am asking is it a good deal. any input would be helpful.

Welcome to the club! You will love the bike!!! But...you have to be careful about those kinds of scratches. Did he do it with his pick or do you think it was the shovel?

:histerica :histerica :histerica :histerica :histerica
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
449 Posts
You're real close to a 32k service, price it out and see if the seller/dealer/whatever will cut you a deal or price break. The reason is that the service could range from $500-1000, really depends on the dealer so call and get a quote.

Good luck on your hunt!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
I bought my first LT this April. i got a 2005. Love the bike! I may have over paid a little at 14,500. but the bike was really clean and had about 17,400 miles. It is an adjustment from my Kawasaki Nomad that I had. Definitely, after buying the one you want, read the forums. Even ask questions before you do any work on the bike. I investigated a lot before choosing the year and model I wanted. If you can, find a low mileage 2005 and up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
I would suggest you drive the 2004 then try to drive a 2005 and newer model. They changed the bike starting with the 2005 model--more HP, different handling changes, etc. I think you can do better on price maybe coming close to a used 2005 model.

One thing is for sure, you will fall in love with then LT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,176 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about the mileage. Last October I bought a 2002 LTE with 39,000 miles on her (closer to 40). A cold, wet winter and a non motorcycle related broken arm prevented me from riding as much as I'd like. She now has close to 46,000 miles on her and still runs like new! :bmw:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
I agree with blueknightga6, mileage on these bikes seem to mean nothing. I have 78K and counting on my 99' and there still is no issue with the bike that I know of.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,543 Posts
cccpastorjack said:
Welcome to the club! You will love the bike!!! But...you have to be careful about those kinds of scratches. Did he do it with his pick or do you think it was the shovel?

:histerica :histerica :histerica :histerica :histerica
What I want to know is did he find gold under all that Tupperware?

:rotf:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
I picked up a 2004 a month ago for $8,000, with 12,000 miles on it. It did have a few more scratches than normal, But I do love it. So far everything seems to be cosmetic.
Good luck with your purchase
Ron
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
I took my 2000 K1200-LT, which has 63,000 miles on it from Birmingham, Alabama to Key West, Florida and back recently. I am the third owner of this bike. If the bike has been maintained, 32,000 miles should have it broken in just right.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,428 Posts
FLATRABBIT said:
I took my 2000 K1200-LT, which has 63,000 miles on it from Birmingham, Alabama to Key West, Florida and back recently. I am the third owner of this bike. If the bike has been maintained, 32,000 miles should have it broken in just right.
'00- 4th owner. 136K for $6K- get an LT that Speaks to you and have fun! :dance: Just be ready to farklize the hell out of her! :stir:
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top