BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My father passed away yesterday and I'll miss him very much. I'll always remember what a great guy he was and all the time we spent together.

He was another WWII vet that we've now lost. While I knew he was all over Europe in the war having landed at Normandy on the second day, I only learned yesterday he had 5 battle stars. He didn't talk about the war very much and I think he felt that once he was back he had his whole life ahead of him and didn't want to relive those wars years.

He was married to my Mom for 68 years and has 5 kids that admire him greatly.

He worked very hard all his life and when he retired he started playing golf and spent time fishing and growing dahlias. He always had a large flower garden that everyone enjoyed.

My brother and I were even able to go golfing with him a couple times this year.

He had a great 93 years!

Bless you Dad.

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Another hero goes to his rest. May he experience eternal peace.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Being from The Netherlands I am very grateful for what your father did for us in WWII. It's because of him that we now live in peace.

I wish you and your family all the best in these difficult times.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
A heartfelt thanks goes out to your dad for his service to us. Also thanks to your mom for all the sacrifices she made in support of her husband.

And thanks, Surfman for expressing your gratitude from across the pond :)

·
Premium Member
7,854 Posts
Our sincere condolences to you and your family.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,178 Posts
June 6th of every year is a commemorative day for me and my family back in France, thanks to your dad and all who liberated Europe.
I am glad you had some good times with your father this past year. These memories will live long... Sorry for your loss!

·
Registered
807 Posts
My Dad was a D-Day invasion Silver Star, right beside your Dad. My Dad served four years in Europe. For his 50th wedding anniversary my wife and I sent Mom and Dad to UK & FR to relive his steps. They were an amazing generation and they did a ton to protect freedom.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts