BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 4AM this morning, I was awakened by 60's rock and roll coming from the front of my house near the garage. Initial blame was going to be kids who should be home in bed but are playing hooligan in my neighborhood. But why are they in my driveway.

I get the robe on an go outside only to find the music coming from the speakers in my 05LT! The bike was covered with an Aerostitch cover a friend gave me as a gift. There was too much going on in the garage to put the bike inside last night so I thought it would be a good time to try the cover.

The bike key was in my jeans pocket. I know I turned the CD player off when I parked the bike. Perhaps my lovely bike was pissed because it had to spend the night in the driveway and not in the garage.

It was dark so I just pushed the button and turned the player off and went back to bed.

Lying in bed I was thinking about what I could write about how my CD player just started playing during the night and had that happened to anyone else.

Sun came up and I went out to investigate. Pulled the cover back and you know already what I found on the seat......CAT PAW PRINTS!!!!!!! A damned cat had climbed under the cover and put its dainty little foot on the ON button and activated the CD player. It probably scared the livin' spit out of the cat....at least I hope so.

Probably one more quarter turn of the key before I removed it would have prevented the problem from ever happening. I guess its possible for some varmit to run your battery down without you knowing it. So the moral must be always turn the volume way up on your bike entertainment center before you store it. That's the anti-varmit battery draining security system that BMW didn't put in the owner's manual.

·
Enthusiast - KI6CDF
442 Posts
One more quarter turn....

Another thing to think about is that the drain on the battery in the unlocked position is much greater than if the ignition is fully locked. (I've never quite figured out what the drain is.) Leave the bike unlocked like that for a couple of days and its likely that you won't be able to start the puppy...

Tom

·
Registered
719 Posts
i leave my key in the bike for weeks at a time,,my radio will not turn on untill i turn the key on

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
That cat must have freaked when the Stones started rockin'.......
You're lucky you didn't have cat scratches on your tank instead of prints......
.....pretty funny.......

·
Registered
261 Posts
not entirely unusual.....

my spouses "motorcycle" is a 350Z roadster, which shares the garage with my LT and 2 airheads. it, on nicer days, sometimes spends time in the garage with the top down.

i came into the garage one day and found the hazard flashers in the Z car on.

i had been the past on to drive the car so was going nutz trying to figure out what I had done.... until I saw.... little cat paw printz on the console...

lil varmintz. ;-)

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Much better than finding evidence that it was a pack rat.
Munch. Munch. Much a bunch of wiring.

Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts