·
Registered
13,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
7,797 Posts
Congratulations

I'm too young for grandchilren (please, Lord, not for a few years yet!) but I'm having fun watching my older brother with his first grandchild and another on the way. Having a great-nephew is kind of fun...

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
Congrats! They don't ever get "routine". :D :D

We are waiting on our 5th grandaughter, our youngest daughter in Memphis is working on her 4th, we have a 19 month old here in our home from my older daughter who is living with us. Keeps you on your toes!

·
Rider Journeyman
2,015 Posts
grifscoots said:
.... Tara Rose was born at 1048 today, 6 lbs. 15 oz, 19 inches long. What a cutey.....

Congratulation Gramps ;) and be sure to let Tara Rose know she is now an honorary member of the Posse :)

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
grifscoots said:
Our youngest daughter went into labor last night and called just as I'd fallen asleep. Tara Rose was born at 1048 today, 6 lbs. 15 oz, 19 inches long. What a cutey, but I tell you what, I just cain't stay up two days in a row anymore. I surely would succumb to a wet noodle at the moment.
Congrats Grandpa! dang you really must be old!

Tom

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thats terrific! Congrats!

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
grifscoots said:
Our youngest daughter went into labor last night and called just as I'd fallen asleep. Tara Rose was born at 1048 today, 6 lbs. 15 oz, 19 inches long. What a cutey, but I tell you what, I just cain't stay up two days in a row anymore. I surely would succumb to a wet noodle at the moment.

Congratualtion.. Grif, get a day or two of rest, kiss Tara Rose and tell her your going to see her aunts and uncles at Spring Training Camp II... bring more pictures...

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Grif,

Welcome to the Grandpa club - Be ready to spoiler her good.

·
Registered
14,452 Posts
grifscoots said:
Hey, Bud - let ole Frank do the stayin' up all night. You need your beauty sleep sumpthin' fierce!! ;) :D

Congrats to you and Sandy AND Sara. :thumb: 'Tween you guyz and Rachel, Tara Rose is gonna be big-time spoiled, I know. BTW - soon as she's weaned, you gonna put her on Red Loctite or the carb cleaner? :p

Tell Sara we're proud of her over here in the sticks - she done good. Cy'all soon.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
WOW, that is one cute little girl. I have a feeling there will be a pair of pink cowboy boots on that little doll real soon.;)
Enjoy,

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Well, C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S to ya Grandpa! And to Grandma and the happy parents as well!!!!

What a cutey!

If you think yer ass is kicked now, just wait. Everyday you will exhibit manifestations of SGS (Silly Grandparent Syndrome) because there is nothing like a new grandbaby to turn a grown adult into a blithering idiot. A few signs of the syndrome are: high-pitched "baby-like" talk; a permanent grin fixed to the face; goofy expressions; and occasional tears in the eyes. There is no known cure. Not even diaper duty can dampen the effects.

So, go with it gramps!!! This is what life is all about!! Good on ya!

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Congats, Grif

Melaine and I would not know what to do if it was not for Grandparents. And our girls love there Grandpa and Grandma. It is like we are not on the earth when they are around their Grandparents. Having met you last year, you would be an awsome Grandpa to have. I have no doubt that you love this child to the fullest. And somehow Tara will be on back of that LT with Grandpa riding in the sunset.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Congrats Grandpa! Very cute baby!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts