BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While out for a ride a couple of weeks ago, my right side mirror started wiggling, wouldnt stay in position and was finally blown free by a gust of wind. Said gust of wind slapped the mirror into the plastic covering the fuel tank, cracking the mirror and sending about 1/4 of it on a free fall journey to the highway at 70 mph. The wire providing power to the LED's kept the remaining damaged portion of the mirror attached to the bike. I pulled over, disconnected the wires and tossed it into my tank bag! Sure looks naked in that nacelle without the mirror!!

I love these mirrors and will be working with Muth to get a replacement!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Muth is an awesome company to work with. I would bet that they will send you out a new PAIR of mirror as warranty replacements since their mounting system failed (even though based on BMW design). Also, they changed their mounts a bit, and will probably rationalize the swap based on that alone. They did it for me recently.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
+1! I have had Muths on my LT for over 10 years now and all I have done is to replace the mounting rings when they started to vibrate years ago. Muth provided the kit free of charge!
They stand behind their products.

John
deputy5211 said:
Muth is an awesome company to work with. I would bet that they will send you out a new PAIR of mirror as warranty replacements since their mounting system failed (even though based on BMW design). Also, they changed their mounts a bit, and will probably rationalize the swap based on that alone. They did it for me recently.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A quick followup to my post. I sent an email to Muth along with a couple of photos. I was contacted within a couple of days verifying my mailing address. The mirrors arrived last week. Total warranty replacement of BOTH mirrors. I have not opened the box yet, but I am assuming the mounting system is a new design. Very impressed with their rapid response and replacement! Now that is top notch customer service.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts