BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed lately, that I have this tendency to lean to the right of the bike as the bike tends to lean left. I am sure this is just an illusion due to the crown of the roads but has anyone else been experiencing this. Its very slight and not uncomfortable but over the winter I developed a problem with a disc in my back and now it seems to agitate it. Could be I would have never noticed this but now my back is telling me all about it. There is no wind to speak of to push me sideways and the road is a four lane road with very little angle in it. I am just curious. Oh and my bike is a 99' LT 73K miles. New tires last fall. Could be I forgot how she rides.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Actually that sounds like a normal response to me. It's referred to as counterbalancing and is used instictively to balance the motorcycle and keep the center of gravity as stable as possible.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,158 Posts
I think we all have that trendency, regardless of whether we drive or not, or on which side of the road. I noticed I was naturally leaning to one side when horseback riding as well.

I can already hear jokes asking "so... what side do they hang...???" :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good its not just me. I knew it was normal to counterbalance but it just seems that I am always countering that way. Stupid back, why couldn't I have hurt it on the other side.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
zippy_gg said:
I think we all have that trendency, regardless of whether we drive or not, or on which side of the road. I noticed I was naturally leaning to one side when horseback riding as well.

I can already hear jokes asking "so... what side do they hang...???" :rolleyes: :D
From the files of - you really DON'T want to know this - but, here goes since I am biased:

You have a predilection to "dress to the left or right" (and good tailors take this into account when you have custom slacks made) since one testicle is usually larger - and therefore heavier - than the other. This causes a little curve in your Johnson. :eek:

Make sure you let your gf or wife know (or both). They'll be mighty impressed that you have great knowledge of your anatomical leanings. :D

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OU812 said:
Sounds like you are an X dirt bike rider like me. :)
Yes I am, had a nasty run in with a Table Top jump where the bike and I disagreed on the landing.

RonKMiller said:
From the files of - you really DON'T want to know this - but, here goes since I am biased:

You have a predilection to "dress to the left or right" (and good tailors take this into account when you have custom slacks made) since one testicle is usually larger - and therefore heavier - than the other. This causes a little curve in your Johnson. :eek:

Make sure you let your gf or wife know (or both). They'll be mighty impressed that you have great knowledge of your anatomical leanings. :D
I think you might have hit the nail on the head, maybe thats whats wrong with my back, too much weight on one side :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts