BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out that the Shoei Multitech has been discontinued. This helmet is by far the most comfortable helmet I've ever worn and while I don't need a new helmet right now I'd like to get another before its too late. Does anyone know of a good source?

·
Premium Member
2,948 Posts
giarcg said:
Just found out that the Shoei Multitech has been discontinued. This helmet is by far the most comfortable helmet I've ever worn and while I don't need a new helmet right now I'd like to get another before its too late. Does anyone know of a good source?
What is your source for this news?

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
giarcg said:
I tried on the new Neotech early this summer seemed like a great helmet and more comfortable than the HJC symax I have and more comfortable then the Schubert C3 also. I think the Neotech is the "replacement" for the Multitech.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Yep! It also has a drop down sun visor, which was the one thing that I wished my Multi-Tech had. I will be getting a Neo-Tech when it comes time to replace the Multi-Tech since I have a Shoei head!

John
johnbaker15 said:
I tried on the new Neotech early this summer seemed like a great helmet and more comfortable than the HJC symax I have and more comfortable then the Schubert C3 also. I think the Neotech is the "replacement" for the Multitech.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, the Neo-tech is the replacement. It has a larger cooling duct at 12 o'clock and I found that it created some pressure points on my head. Otherwise I'd love for it to be my next helmet for the visor alone.

As for the source of my info.... I asked the parts guy at a dealership.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Picked up a Nolan N90 couple weeks ago. Fits my head better than Shoei, has the drop down visor and well made IMHO. Fit is better than the 104 for me.

·
Premium Member
2,948 Posts
Reid said:
Picked up a Nolan N90 couple weeks ago. Fits my head better than Shoei, has the drop down visor and well made IMHO. Fit is better than the 104 for me.
Reid,
Were the sizes equivalent?. I have an XL Multitec that is now 7 years old and was looking for a replacement but I don't want to pay the Neotech prices.
Webbikeworld highly rates the N90.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PMitchell said:
I have an XL Multitec that is now 7 years old and was looking for a replacement but I don't want to pay the Neotech prices.
Get another Multitec... I'm seeing prices around $385

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
$386.99 with free shipping from Helmet City for the Multitec--couldn't find it any cheaper

·
Registered
659 Posts
PMitchell said:
Reid,
Were the sizes equivalent?. I have an XL Multitec that is now 7 years old and was looking for a replacement but I don't want to pay the Neotech prices.
Webbikeworld highly rates the N90.
I was between a M and a L with Shoei. L too big, M hurt me! Nolan M is perfect size for my skull. I like the qualilty throughout. I wasn't fond of going modular...always figured that when I wear a helmet it needs to be full face, and that's all I've owned for years; but now I'm kinda liking the modular. I find it "reasonably" (subjective assessment) quiet, but probably not Schubert quiet. $215 with pinlock thru a vendor on Amazon.

·
Premium Member
2,948 Posts
Reid said:
I was between a M and a L with Shoei. L too big, M hurt me! Nolan M is perfect size for my skull. I like the qualilty throughout. I wasn't fond of going modular...always figured that when I wear a helmet it needs to be full face, and that's all I've owned for years; but now I'm kinda liking the modular. I find it "reasonably" (subjective assessment) quiet, but probably not Schubert quiet. $215 with pinlock thru a vendor on Amazon.
Thanks!
N8QZ

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
AlaskaFish said:
Yep! It also has a drop down sun visor, which was the one thing that I wished my Multi-Tech had. I will be getting a Neo-Tech when it comes time to replace the Multi-Tech since I have a Shoei head!

John
Multi-tec fits a slightly different head shape then the RF-1000/1100 and is sized differently too.

Don't know how the Neo fits

I can't wear my wife's Multi-tec and she can't wear my RF-1100.

The fact she has way more brains then I do is the most likely culprit! :histerica

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Atomicman said:
Multi-tec fits a slightly different head shape then the RF-1000/1100 and is sized differently too.

Don't know how the Neo fits

I can't wear my wife's Multi-tec and she can't wear my RF-1100.

The fact she has way more brains then I do is the most likely culprit! :histerica

All the more reason to go somewhere and try them on, wear them in the shop for a while to make sure they fit.

Over a decade of riding, and my new Arai Signet-Q is the first of dozens of helmets I've had that I can say actually FITS me and my "longer than wide/oval" skull. No modulars in that line, unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Reid said:
I bought Schubert C3s for my wife and I. I'm not impressed with the "quietness" of it, but I don't have anything else to compare it to. Also, the vents on at least my helmet are freakin' jokes. I cannot distinguish any difference between them being open or closed. The internal sun-visor is pretty cool and handy. Mine fits okay for the most part, but I sometimes feel like the chin strap is choking me, which means the damn thing comes off at that point until I calm down. :rolleyes: Also, sometimes it takes either two hands or a really good slam w/ one hand when lowering the front piece to get it to latch/lock. For the money being charged, I find the C3 highly overrated. :(

·
Registered
453 Posts
Just checked the Shoei website and they still list the Multitec as part of their inventory. I had heard that the Neotec is just a premium system helmet, though what source I cannot remember!

I must confess that I too have a "Shoei" head, and for comfort both the Multitec and its predecessor - Raid II fit perfectly. I can wear these things all day, and not really notice that I am wearing a helmet. My wife had a Schuberth, and after a short while - it would hurt her head, her Multitec is much better for fit. However I am not happy with the way it leaks. In rain I get water on the inside, which I did not get with the Raid II. Is this something that system helmets do? The Multitec is the first system helmet I have purchased.

·
Premium Member
2,948 Posts
Sleuth said:
Just checked the Shoei website and they still list the Multitec as part of their inventory. I had heard that the Neotec is just a premium system helmet, though what source I cannot remember!

I must confess that I too have a "Shoei" head, and for comfort both the Multitec and its predecessor - Raid II fit perfectly. I can wear these things all day, and not really notice that I am wearing a helmet. My wife had a Schuberth, and after a short while - it would hurt her head, her Multitec is much better for fit. However I am not happy with the way it leaks. In rain I get water on the inside, which I did not get with the Raid II. Is this something that system helmets do? The Multitec is the first system helmet I have purchased.
Hmmm, my Multitech has never leaked and I recently road for three hours in driving rain in southern France. :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
I rode with a Multitec for a couple years and still have it in the garage. Super comfortable and fit me great in a size large. The only issue is the venting which IMO is for all practical purposes nonexistent. I always wished it had an internal sun visor too. When I purchased my GSA earlier this year I figured I'd give the new Neotec a try. I ordered it online from Revzilla in a size large. The fit is great, maybe a little more snug than my old Multitec but that's hard to judge because one is broken in and the other is new.

The Neotec is without question the best helmet I've ever owned. Aside from the typical Shoei quality it has 4 things my Multitec doesn't.

Venting- l mean real venting you can feel
Internal sunvisor- one of the best I've seen and used
Built-in speaker pockets- No hacking into plastic and styrofoam to make room for speakers
Removable liner- Never understood why the Multitec didn't have it

There's nothing really revolutionary about the Neotec. It`s how well executed the upgrades were embodied that makes the premium over the Multitec worth the price.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Its been my experience that most helmets with the drop down visor also are very noisy.(noisier than non drop down visor models)

·
Registered
453 Posts
LARK said:
The Neotec ... has 4 things my Multitec doesn't. ...

Built-in speaker pockets- No hacking into plastic and styrofoam to make room for speakers
Before I confirm to everyone that I know nothing (instead of people suspecting it! :) ) I am referring to the European Multitec! It could be the US version is slightly different.

Both my wife's and my Multitec helmets have speaker holes. It has mean that fitting the intercom speakers a dream.

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
LARK said:
The Neotec is without question the best helmet I've ever owned. Aside from the typical Shoei quality it has 4 things my Multitec doesn't.

Venting- l mean real venting you can feel
Internal sunvisor- one of the best I've seen and used

There's nothing really revolutionary about the Neotec. It`s how well executed the upgrades were embodied that makes the premium over the Multitec worth the price.
One other item the Neo has over the Multi is that the pinlock shield comes with the helmet. I didn't think I'd care for it, but it works really well.
The Neo, at an XL, fits a bit more snugly around the cheeks than the Multi. You can purchase different sized cheek pads, but they're really costly. Shoei will only trade pads
if you haven't yet worn the helmet. :confused: I don't know how you'd find out they're too tight or loose if you don't put the darn thing on.
I also really like the pull down sun visor.

HTH,
Jer

1 - 20 of 20 Posts