BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Senior Member (ret.)
10,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was planning to do at least 80 miles on the bike yesterday during the day. But that did not happen since I was waiting for the Porsche buyer to show up and do the final deed and transfer ownership (read collect payment).

Around 8:30 PM last night, I decided to take that ride and get those miles in so I could reach 600 for the first service. Left Sacramento and took US 50 up to Poor Reds (it was crowded there) and made a U turn in front of the bar and headed back home. Got home around 9:55 PM with 77 miles done.

Today I got up early, pulled the Porsche out from under the carport and parked it on the street. At 7:10 the new owner showed up and took possession. It went bye bye at 7:22 am. I had most of my gear on and the Multi was under the carport so it would stay dry until I got rolling.

Put my jacket on, gloves, glasses, helmet and rolled out at 7:27 am. Got fuel and went back to the house to bring the red key along in case there was a need to mess with the bike's brains.

Got back on the road at 7:38 am and made it to Modesto at 8:43 am with exactly 600 miles on the odometer. If you know the distance between my house and Modesto Ducati, you can figure out what speed I averaged in the rain. No performance awards obviously. :)

From about 9 am to 1:40 pm, I had my first service done, added hand guards and heated grips plus a tank protector. Rolled out of there and headed home. Got in around 3:00 pm. In the rain again. Firstgear Kilimanjaro and HT overpants did their job.

The bike seems to be running a bit smoother. Problem is the sweet spot in 6th gear is around 82-86 mph indicated and about 5k rpm minimum. :eek: It's going to be tough keeping it below that, unless I ride in 4th and 5th.

All in all a great day riding and talking bikes etc.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Good to hear about a decent days ride - we are still sitting in the cold up here. Soon though, soon.
Hope the Porche went to a good home. Did you get visitation rights ?:)

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
RaffyK said:
From about 9 am to 1:40 pm, I had my first service done, added hand guards and heated grips plus a tank protector. Rolled out of there and headed home. Got in around 3:00 pm. In the rain again. Firstgear Kilimanjaro and HT overpants did their job.

The bike seems to be running a bit smoother. Problem is the sweet spot in 6th gear is around 82-86 mph indicated and about 5k rpm minimum. :eek: It's going to be tough keeping it below that, unless I ride in 4th and 5th.

All in all a great day riding and talking bikes etc.
Man was I glad to read this post. From the title of the post, I thought you sold it! :eek:

·
Some guy on the Interwebs
3,324 Posts
Dan-A said:
Man was I glad to read this post. From the title of the post, I thought you sold it! :eek:
I was looking for the "Buy It Now" button...

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
LodiHal said:
I was looking for the "Buy It Now" button...
Well if that is a hint Hal, there are plenty in stock over at Modesto Ducati.

When we were there the other day, I decided I am suffering from a Ducati deficiency, but I also have a Harley deficienc.

My wife says she will have a husband deficency :mad: if I bring home another bike, at least for a while.

·
Some guy on the Interwebs
3,324 Posts
Or miss the Off Road training session to take her to the Carson Valley Inn for three days and give her unlimited shopping/gambling money... :D

I'm still WAY ahead based on what I spend for bikes and farkles... :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts