BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our good friend and LT rider passed away over the weekend and he will be greatly missed. John rode exclusively with his wife Donna who will miss him dearly as we all will.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I did not know John personally, but enjoyed his posts on the forum. It is always sad when one of our biking community passes on. My condolences to all who loved him.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
My thoughts and prayers to John's family. He will be missed by many.

·
Bouncer
9,315 Posts
I've known John since CCR 2001 in Hot Springs. He's one of the originals that goes back to the eGroups list, and he will be sorely missed. This news really hit me hard.

My condolences and prayers go out to Donna and the rest of the Meese extended family.

Vaya con Dios, mi amigo!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Rest in peace John. John was a unique fellow who will be missed by friends and family. It was through him that I found this site, CCR and all the joy belonging to a group like this can bring. It was through John that Stephanie and I met a great group of couples who have shared the experience of riding toghether. We shared many trips and experiences as a group and will miss him greatly. Our prayers go out to Donna and her family.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Sad news, indeed...

I met John and Donna in the early years at a k1200lt.net breakfast gathering before attending Vintage Days at Mid Ohio. That weekend, we were immediate overnight visitors at their house near Clyde. That was the type of person John was. Friendly, engaging, and full of opinions...oh my, what opinions! He would give you the shirt off his back.

John seemed to celebrate life after beating cancer on the first go-around. His enthusiasm was infectious! We shared several lunches in Bryan, OH which was a handy half-way point for both of us.

The last couple of years, John wasn't as active on this site and our meetings diminished some. For that, I'm sorry. But John will be remembered fondly, and my condolences go out to Donna and his family.

Rest in peace, John...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts