BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have reliable information on why BMW wasn't at last years show? Are they going to be at this years show? I know there are a couple of dealers at the show but no manufacturers support. Minnesota has one of the highest percent of the population with a motorcycle endorsement. You would think they would want to be here. Really I want to see the K1600.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Hey Barney,
I'm a AZ transplant from MN. At least the IMS stops in Mpls...the promoters cancelled the Phoenix show these past couple years. They tell me it is because with the economy, the manufacturers marketing budgets have been cut, so the reduced the total number of shows by eliminating some locations. Not sure if that is the reason why BMW has only been at the NYC and Long Beach shows these past couple years, but I ended up taking a 7 hour drive to Long Beach back in December in order to see and sit on the new K1600's.

The Mpls show is a very well attended show - I suspect partially because everyone gets stir crazy from the winter...

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
2Wheelroadtrip said:
Does anybody have reliable information on why BMW wasn't at last years show? Are they going to be at this years show? I know there are a couple of dealers at the show but no manufacturers support. Minnesota has one of the highest percent of the population with a motorcycle endorsement. You would think they would want to be here. Really I want to see the K1600.
I've heard BMW will not have the 1600 in MN. Only CA and NY. Oh well.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Got an email from Moon Motorsports saying they were heading to Vegas in a couple weeks to see the 1600. Guess there won't be one at the MN show.
BMW hasn't been there for at least 3 years.
A couple years ago Leo's didn't have one BMW at the show--they filled their display area with scooters. About what I'd expect from them...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts