BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't listen to CD's anymore but occasionally would like to listen to an MP3 player through the speakers of the bike (for the boring states). Has anyone hard wired into the radio for an AUX connection of some sort?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I sometimes use a cassette player adapter inserted into to cassette tape player of my LT 2000. The outlet plug inserts into the headphone jack of my Ipod. The mp3 music from the Ipod is channeled through the LT's amplifier and plays well from all the speakers. I haven't used it in a while and I seem to recall that the LT's radio needs to be in the "aux" mode for this to work. I also used it for my Garmin Zumo 550 GPS for the voice announcements. You can buy one online from about $4.00 to $20.00. Buy a cheap one and try for yourself.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I don't listen to CD's anymore but occasionally would like to listen to an MP3 player through the speakers of the bike (for the boring states). Has anyone hard wired into the radio for an AUX connection of some sort?
I have a Zune connected to the AUX input.
Works well! Need to turn the system volume up
some,though.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I just added a USB port in the oddments box. I plug my iphone in and Bluetooth to my Sena SMH10 headset. Works great.

Robert

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
stay away from the AUX port wiring as it does not produce enough volume to make the music audible at speed on the interstate.

Stick with a wired system like the J&M integrator or a BT system of your choice.

·
Registered
137 Posts
stay away from the AUX port wiring as it does not produce enough volume to make the music audible at speed on the interstate.

Stick with a wired system like the J&M integrator or a BT system of your choice.
I am not sure if it is your MP3 player, but mine is a good volume at any speed.
I did have to turn up the system volume, but it comes out quite nice.
Maybe you listen to the music louder than I do.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have a pretty elaborate system but it works well for me... I have the sena smh10 blue tooth on the helmet.. I also have a sene sm10 and a mix it amp.. pluged into the mixit is zumo, radar detector, and my mp3 side of my android phone...the mixit is then plugged into the sena sm10, the sm10 then bluetooth broadcast all that into the smh10 on my helmet... my phone blue thooths phone conversations directly to smh10 on the helmet.....
This all works great... ican listen to the music and get directions from the zumo and the radar detector willl light you up..

I recently purchased a wire that will go from the bikes intercom system, to the mix it or directly to the sm10,, this will allow me to use the bike radio/CD player.. this has only been garage tested.. the wire came from sena and basiclly converts the 6 wire intercome jack into a small standard headphone male plug.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts