BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is out there in cyberspace but can anyone point in the right direction?

I need a little more room for the old lady and I know my top case is all the way forward.

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
654 Posts
It’s pretty easy. Remove the passenger seat and unplug the connections going to the top box. Use a screwdriver to unclip the liner, detach the Velcro strip at the rear and remove the case liner. Undo the 4 bolts holding the case and remove the top case. You will see 4 bolts in the black plastic. Move them to the empty holes that were holding the top case. Now just reassemble using the farther back holes.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help guys. I am beginning to feel intimate with this bike now that I have had the clothing off a couple of times!

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
WFZone said:
I am beginning to feel intimate with this bike now that I have had the clothing off a couple of times!
I sure hope he's talking about the bike's tupperware!!

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Easy removal of the top case

I have had the pleasure of moving the top case forward and backward several times to help my wife decide which she likes better.

The first time I removed the rear seat, unplugged everything etc.

I dont do that any more, unhook the strap that holds the lid pull out the trunk liner, use a small screwdriver to unclip it at the latches, remove 4 bolts, tilt the box forward, remove 4 bolts one at a time and move fore or aft, bolt the box back in place. 5-10 minutes.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello guys !

I already push the top case back for 1 inch using the 4 other holes. Has anyone ever move it back more than that drilling new holes for example ? That way the passenger back would be less vertical like the GL1800...

Thanks !

Pierre-Alain

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
buffalo said:
Hello guys !

I already push the top case back for 1 inch using the 4 other holes. Has anyone ever move it back more than that drilling new holes for example ? That was the passenger back would be less vertical like the GL1800...

Thanks !

Pierre-Alain
Please check Ron Millers post in the beginning of this same thread.

I have done it also and this mod gives you an extra storage space behind the rear seat. Then I raised the passenger backrest upwards 13 mm in order to get better access to this new storage from the top side (when the trunk lid is open.)

Regards

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
simoncharles said:
Ari,
When do you find time for riding ?.
Hehe Simon, I ride when we don't have snow on the ground.:p (from April to Oct/Nov)

Exceptionally however, I had the bike stripped just last week because I needed some additional Hella auxiliary HID lights for the CCR trip plus finished some videocamera installations. (I'll make a small separate report on that.)

Regards

1 - 11 of 11 Posts