BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might as well - this is Day 217 of The Rain That Won't Go Away. As of this morning we were within 1/2" of setting an all-time rainfall total for the month of April. I think we easily beat that today.

It could be worse. Although there is some localized flooding of creeks and streams in my area, we aren't dealing with the real deal like those down on the Ohio River (and elsewhere), and we haven't had tornadoes, etc., like some parts of the country.

Just venting. Thanks for listening, and stay dry out there!

PS: On a positive note, I haven't had to wash the LT for a long time. It gets done every day while I'm at work.

·
Registered
83 Posts
we moved from Min. to Seattle, after a while the wife said the weather is boring, you will love it, north, south,east or west. great rides.

Dennis

·
Registered
832 Posts
Today is day 20 of the last 26 with rain here in Chicago.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I'm just glad it is rain and not snow. It snowed here three days last week!

Kevin

·
Premium Member
7,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In light of what happened again last night in the southern states I'll withdraw this complaint. Last night's rain and this morning's power outage are nothing compared to what those folks are going through. :(

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Cleveland is already breaking rainfall records for April. This is ridiculous!!! :mad:
Four more years and I am OUT!!!

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Meanwhile, here in Seattle, we're just finishing the coldest April on record. But as you say, it kinda pales in comparison to what the tornado ravaged South is dealing with...or tsunami ravaged Japan...

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
messenger13_ver2 said:
Cleveland is already breaking rainfall records for April. This is ridiculous!!! :mad:
Four more years and I am OUT!!!
I'm leaving for Phoenix tomorrow morning. Here comes the sun...:D

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
We've been setting some rainfall records here as well. Almost 600" of snow this year at the local ski hill, Crystal Mountain. It's provided some amazing powder days and we expect to be skiiing possibly into July.

Our prayers go to the hundreds of families in the SE affected by the devastating tornadoes. My brother lives in B'Ham and lost power for three days, but missed the damage. Having lived through a tornado as a child in central Illinois (it sounded like a freight train, jumped over our rickety little farm house and spared my family), it's hard to imagine how terrifying the experience is.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
mwnahas said:
I'm leaving for Phoenix tomorrow morning. Here comes the sun...:D
So YOU'RE the one to blame!!! :mad:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts