BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a long LONG time since I've posted anything in this forum. :wave If you don't know me ... it's probably for the best. :laugh:

In just a few days, I'll be checking off another bucket-list item of mine. I never should have watched that stupid show all those years ago (link below). I've been wanting one ever since. So I'm finally going to pull the trigger on my first Harley-Davidson purchase. That damn V-Rod has been haunting me ever since it's release. Pics coming soon.

Here's a link to the video on YouTube. It's a good watch, even if you're not into Harleys.

Reactions: D.Kinsey

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,601 Posts
Well Joe, your opening statement is a blast! I miss not having your sense of humor on this forum. I am looking forward to the pictures.

·
Premium Member
4,883 Posts
Joe it's good hearing from ya !! I'm mostly over on the K1600 Forum

My best friend from high school bought one a few years ago and probably hasn't put 4,000 miles on it since he bought it. It's still sitting in his garage because he just loves to look at it. He has several other bikes that he rides from time to time, but for some reason, he rarely rides the V Rod ! He also had the BMW Montuck but rarely rode it. The bike he rides the most is his Street Bob. He likes buying them and hates to sell !

·
IBR# 366
16,560 Posts
Joe who? :D

Hope you enjoy the new toy... :bike:

Reactions: Patric

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
Hey Joe!
I was thinking about you on Wednesday after returning from a group ride and going across the causeway of La Due.

My project for today is to replace the HID light/ballast that you installed eons ago!
Ride safe on the HD!

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Good to hear from you Joe. Not sure about the Hardly though. But, if you still have it, you could start a new trend among the Harley riders with "THE SHIRT"!:wave

Attachments

Reactions: pkpr1998 and Patric

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Good to hear from you Joe. Not sure about the Hardly though. But, if you still have, it you could start a new trend among the Harley riders with "THE SHIRT"!:wave
Such a pretty boy he is!:grin:
Looking forward to seeing at Ironhorse in October, Joe!

Reactions: messenger13_ver2

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Brought her home last night

She's a 2005 V-Rod "Chrome Edition". 9k miles. Great condition!

My immediate ToDo list:
  • Replace aftermarket pipes with stock
  • New front and rear boot pegs
  • LED headlight
My first impressions after riding it home and to work this morning:
  • Smoother riding than I thought it would be
  • More refined that I was expecting
  • Simply an awesome commuter bike and weekend cruiser
I'm looking forward to many miles of smiles on this V-Rod.
While I still thoroughly LOVE my Concours14 ... this American muscle cruiser definitely offers a different perspective that I think I'm going to enjoy very much.
Perhaps a somewhat slower rider for a change. Who knew I'd say that one day??? 0:)

Attachments

Reactions: zippy_gg

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
WOW! Congratulations Joe. Sure am glad I got my Solar Eclipse glasses on before I looked at all that chrome. Sure is pretty though. Enjoy, and slowing down a bit to smell the roses ain't so bad.

Reactions: pkpr1998

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WOW! Congratulations Joe. Sure am glad I got my Solar Eclipse glasses on before I looked at all that chrome. Sure is pretty though. Enjoy, and slowing down a bit to smell the roses ain't so bad.
Thanks Lynn. Are you coming up to the IronHouse in October?

·
Premium Member
7,814 Posts
Nice! Congratulations on checking off this bucket list item. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Thanks Lynn. Are you coming up to the IronHouse in October?[/QUOTE

Probably not going to make it. Not sure what the problem is, but I think I must be getting OLD! Not much fun in the car and the hammer down 7 1/2 hour ride on I 75 is tough on these old bones.:crying:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice! Congratulations on checking off this bucket list item. I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Thanks Howard. Loving it more and more with each ride.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thanks Howard. Loving it more and more with each ride.
Hope you enjoy it. Coming from a old school Jap muscle bike/drag racing background I could never wrap myself around a Harley. Maybe some day. Maybe.

I rode one when they came out. I stepped off a hayabusa set up for sport touring with a 1425cc engine when I did. Enough said.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hope you enjoy it. Coming from a old school Jap muscle bike/drag racing background I could never wrap myself around a Harley. Maybe some day. Maybe.

I rode one when they came out. I stepped off a hayabusa set up for sport touring with a 1425cc engine when I did. Enough said.
Yep, I hear what you're saying. I ride a Concours14 as my sport-tourer and ride fairly aggressively. I'm liking the V-Rod because it is such a departure from that.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
It is a good looking bike. Good on ya.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Reactions: ibbones
1 - 18 of 18 Posts