BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some threads are bolded and some are plain. I am assuming that these threads are the ones that I have read? ALso, if additional posts are made to the thread, will it still be plain or bolded (so that I know additional replies were made)?

Also, when I go into a "bolded" thread, and click on "next thread", it will give me the following even though I know that there are additional unread (bolded) threads:
"There are no threads newer than the previous one. Click the back button in your browser to return to it." When the page advances it will bring me to a thread that I have already viewed.
This is happening under the main K1200LT forum.
Thank you for the "improved" site!

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Mike, I glad you ask that.. I was about to post the same question..

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
mtrevelino said:
Some threads are bolded and some are plain. I am assuming that these threads are the ones that I have read? ALso, if additional posts are made to the thread, will it still be plain or bolded (so that I know additional replies were made)?

Also, when I go into a "bolded" thread, and click on "next thread", it will give me the following even though I know that there are additional unread (bolded) threads:
"There are no threads newer than the previous one. Click the back button in your browser to return to it." When the page advances it will bring me to a thread that I have already viewed.
This is happening under the main K1200LT forum.
Thank you for the "improved" site!
Mike, as far as Q1 goes - that's the way it looks to me: Bold - unread post. Regular font - read. Hopefully Jeff can look into Q2 when he get's a chance - I cannot duplicate that error (tried w/ both Firebox an IE in the K12 forum), sorry.

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am using Firefox, and it is also happening under this forum.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
You should only get that message if you are in the "top" thread. There would be only threads whose last post was previous to the one your in. Go to the middle of the thread list and try previous, you should go to the thread that's one down on the list. Then try next, you should go back where you started, or one up on the list. Make sense?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Mike, as Dave said - I just figured out what you meant and was able to duplicate. I guess it may seem counter-intuitive the way the arrows are pointing. But next is for newer post and previous is for older. The only way I got the message was when I was at top thread and hit next. I would assume this is expected behavior. To confirm, attached is the message I received and think you got as well?

Attachments

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Dave and Rich. I knd of get what you are saying. In the mean time, I have switched to threaded mode. I may be able to follow each thread better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts