BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traded my Lt for a slightly used 08 RT. I have gotten tons of help and knowledge about the lt. Still going to use the RT forums. Thanks.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have made the switch recently too.

It is a great bike. Did 3000 miles on a week trip to the Black Hills and one day 700 miles. My longest day on the LT was 650 miles. The LT is a bit more comfortable, but the RT is so much lighter and nimbler, it is just more enjoyable to me.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I'm just happy I don't have to switch. :) I like having both available. Even if my RT is 12 years old.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I wanna try the new R1200RT. Everyone raves about it. If I was buying new I would look very hard at the RT.
I sold my 96 R1100RT and still very happy with the switch to the K12LT. I like the motor sound of the K bike and my wife loves the comfort. And the LT is getting better mileage even though it's alot heavier. The electronic cruise is a nice feature I use all the time.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello,John,I also made the switch last saturday,after a lot of thought and research,traded my 07 LT for an 08 RT,both biarritz blue,loved the LT,best bike there is for long trips,but a handfull in close quarters,I clocked 7200 miles in a year and three months on it,been curious for a while about the RT,only have 138 miles so far,makes me feel like I`m in a sport bike,maybe that`s what it really is,a sport bike that you can tour in it,good luck

·
Registered
45 Posts
eotiii said:
How is the wind protection compared to the LT?
The LT`s wind protection is better,but you are also hauling an 850lb bike,I was caught on a rain shower on my new 08 RT and was pleasantly surprised that with the screen all the way up I did not get wet,the fairing is excellent,almost looks like a smaller LT,Rolando :dance:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts