BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you can buy expensive light mounting brackets from PIAA and maybe others, but me being the cheapest thing on a BMW I decided to make my own for some Hyper Lights LED running lights. I searched this site for ideas and didn't find anything so I thought I'd share what I did that I think worked out well.

I made a mounting bracket out of 3/4" aluminum angle, cut it so it had 1" vertical tabs at the end with 13-7/8" between tabs, and then fastened 2" lengths of 1" angle to mount the lights 9" apart on centers. I painted the assembly flat black. To mount I removed the side marker lights, drilled one hole on each side of the nose cone (see pic) and mounted the assembly using Tupperware fasteners (T25 M5 short flange head screws and M5 clip-on nuts). It is all hidden behind the nose cone, clears the suspension components and the light pattern is vertically adjustable by rotating the assembly. The same idea would work for projector lamps as well. You can remove the side panels without disturbing the lights.

Main lighting is supplied by the HID headlight and HID running lights on the tip-over wings. You can never have enough light!

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looks good! Do you have the part # for the hyper lights you used?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good! Do you have the part # for the hyper lights you used?
Thanks. The 1st photo shows the product label - pn is WNFWRUN16. I bought them last winter but couldn't decide how / where to mount them. All the surfaces on the cowl are curved / slanted so mounting them directly didn't seem right. You can also get fork brackets but I didn't want them there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts