BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A long time ago, I realized that there are few things in life that I am the first to experience. So, here goes:

I use a straight forward Garmin NUVI 5200 in my car & on my bike. This unit uses a 17mm ball mount.

On my '82 Suzuki GS1100, I just installed a handlebar mount near the left control & a 12v socket on the fairing.

Since any handlebar mount that I've seen is not compatible with the LT, I was wondering if anyone on the forum has found a good way to mount this unit on an LT?

Getting power to it is the easy part. Securely & attractively attaching a functional mount for the unit is my interest. I have ordered a self-adhesive mount that has a curved neck with that 17mm ball. I'll see if it works, but I was wondering what anyone else has done?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had previously used a mount that substituted longer bolts for the brake or clutch resevoir on my previous LT.I have not got one for my latest LT but I am leaning in the same direction.Just need to remember where I got it.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I have my Garmin 550 Zumo on the stingray, just above the display for the radio. I have it on a Garmin mount, then attached to a ram mount, and then fixed with JB Weld. It has held for nearly 5 years. If the bike wasn't all buttoned up and covered, I'd take a quick picture. I can get enough visibility looking over it to see the full dash controls and information. I also had it on the clutch reservoir but that obscured my sight to the mirror. I like this new adjustment.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,171 Posts
I have my Garmin on a shelf but I did this for my cell phone mount. I did it on a trip after the suction cup kept failing on the sting ray so I picked up a small picture frame (for the glass) and some silicone seal. Put tape around the edge of the glass and dabs of the silicone seal to hold it on. Been there for 6 years now.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jzeller,
That's a really innovative solution!

·
Registered
233 Posts
if you have or can get the stalk that the Navigator mounts to the four holes are the same spacing as a typical four hole Ram mount. You just have to add four spacers to clear the bump in the middle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts