BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
BecketMa,

I have a set of the brackets that mount under the mirrors. I think they are BMR's, and I had a set of Hella FF50's on them. They were $80.

In relatively good shape. $60 shipped to you if you want.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I mounted lights very similar to those (makes me smile when companies state "Xenon" coz usually they're H3 halogen with a blue tint - which mine are) down on the lower side panels towards the front. They work very well. I got mine at Pep Boys, only $29 and the color happened to be a close match to the tan kinda color the lower tupperware is on my bike (just a happy coincidence). Obviously mine were not "plug'n'play" to the BMW - I had to tap into the high beam, add a relay to that, run a fused wire from the battery. I also wired it so that I could override and turn it on manually during the day for extra visibility, using a marine lighted DPDT switch off ebay. It was quite involved wiring it - had to remove all the side tupperware and front fairing to get at it all. Since I was in there, I switched the low beam to HID while I was at it (ddmtuning kit).

Be warned that the Xenon lights get very hot so don't touch em when they're on or you'll get that sizzling sound of skin melting followed by the delayed pain reaction that registers as "oh [email protected] that's my finger and thumb burning". I know this because..... well I just do...

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many thanks for everyone's time and the suggestions. I appreciate it.

Bob

·
Registered
150 Posts
If you want them under the nose, like the first picture, no bracket is needed.

I have HID miniHellas bolted to the fins that directs wind to the radiators with no problems. I believe the your Xenon Hellas are the same size and mounts. No issues with cooling. Use a 1-2" dia fender washer to spread the bolt force since the mounting surface is plastic.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for your time and the information Rich
Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts