BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2021 BMW R1250RT
42 Posts
Please share how and pics...would appreciate it
If you do a search you should find a number of different mounting solutions and discussions. For mine, I used a Wunderlich Handlebar extension and the hardware that the XT comes with. Very easy. Tapped in to the auxiliary socket wiring for power.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Gadget

·
Premium Member
3,252 Posts
There is a radar bracket for the police bikes that mounts to the TFT mounting bracket. I cant find the thread but it was a awesome install of the IV, which I would convert to a XT if it was me.

Here is the thread.
2021 RT Nav IV mounted above TFT

·
Registered
240 Posts
I used a Wunderlich adapter and a medium RAM arm instead of the short one which comes with the Zumo. When I'm on the bike it doesn't block any of the TFT when the bars are straight.

·
Registered
384 Posts
It’s really a shame BMW put a substandard phone/GPS system on this bike, without giving the option to integrate a dedicated GPS into the TFT.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Indeed - as I partially offset the cost of moving to a 2021 from a 2019 by selling my Nav 6 ....

only to find that I then had to buy another phone and a Zumo 😕

·
Registered
240 Posts
That's the Innovv K3 remote control

and in case anyone asks, the lock on the Zumo mount is the Wunderlich jobby from Nippy Normans

·
Registered
19 Posts
Indeed - as I partially offset the cost of moving to a 2021 from a 2019 by selling my Nav 6 ....

only to find that I then had to buy another phone and a Zumo 😕
:LOL:
I did exactly the same, sold my almost new Garmin XT at £145 loss and then had to buy a new Samsung phone, only for the app to be a pile of :poop:

·
Registered
2021 BMW R1250RT
100 Posts
I mounted mine down low in the center. I used the Zumo for music, phone, and routes. I have the map zoomed out to see more of the route and I use a dedicated bike phone with no SIM card for the TFT maps. I use the TFT maps to see what the corners look like coming up. It's a good setup this way.

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Got a "18 RT and I wonder if the mount for the XT would fit in the space where my Garmin595 is mounted.....

Motor vehicle Sports equipment Trip computer Auto part Gadget

·
Registered
2021 BMW R1250RT
42 Posts
Pasobiker, how do you like the gen2 V1?
The Valentine V1 Gen 2 is the most sensitive RD I have ever used. Detects threats forward, back and sideways. You can program the bands to be alerted on and almost completely eliminate false alarms. Here in California the CHP (and most cities) uses the Ka band so I limit my alerts to that band. Worth the $$.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Valentine V1 Gen 2 is the most sensitive RD I have ever used. Detects threats forward, back and sideways. You can program the bands to be alerted on and almost completely eliminate false alarms. Here in California the CHP (and most cities) uses the Ka band so I limit my alerts to that band. Worth the $$.
Thanks! I have the first gen with the dongles (even BT) :)

·
Registered
2021 R1250 RT
11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I don't have an XT but I still use my Zumo 660. I will continue to use it until/if I get the connectivity/voice issues resolved with the TFT and App on the new bike.
I suspect that I will probably use it after that when leading tours etc as they can be quite long and complicated when planned on BaseCamp. I've included some pictures if they are of any use.
The mount from Telferizer goes where the BMW badge is on the headstock.
Steve P
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car Audio equipment Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive mirror Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

1 - 18 of 18 Posts