BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the LTs use the OBD II readouts used in cars -- all cars since 1996 are come with a standard connetor and read out problems using standard codes (but you probably need the shop manual to determine the right corrective steps). I bought an OBD II reader for my car for $35.

If not, is there any reasonably priced tool to get the data. There used to be a trick on older BMW cars to jumper some leads on a connector and count flashes on a dash light when the ignition was turned on.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
As far as I know no one has yet cracked the MoDiTec interface..

This would probably be one of the best projects for our group as there seem to be many computer guys here...There was talk of it on the old board but as far as I know only BMW can interrogate the computer with their proprietary interface...

If we could "borrow" one from someone perhaps we could figure out what it is doing.
I don't think it's ODBII or CAN. I'm sure I've read those have been tried already.

Let's Go Geeks !!!

Spence

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hello!
I'm working on it - but it takes time!

It's not a normal OBD II, and I have tested all the other known formats - but no luck so far.

I'm now into disassembly the eprom/program - but it will take some time.

regards

STeinar F

·
Registered
83 Posts
MoDiTec interface

Hello all!
Well - I haven't had the time I hoped for this winter to work with the motronic unit. But I do have some news for you ;-)

After looking into the PC board - I found that it was monitoring the pin-18 as the Motronic MA2.2 dos.

So - I made a link from the Motronic pin-18 and did a test on the bike ;-)

YES - it dos work ..........

Have a look into this German page for the MA 2.2 !

I did find the same code-system on my K1200LT unit !

The strange thing is - it dos report code 2345 - error on Lambdasonde - Do I have a defective unit ?

I will make a howto from this - later on !

STeinar

1 - 6 of 6 Posts