BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,386 Posts
I currently have an Innova OBD2 scanner with Bluetooth capabilities. It’s definitely not one of the cheap ones cautioned about in previous threads. Retails for about $50 on Amazon and Autozone. Has anybody had any luck with using an OBD2 scan tool that wasn’t the OBDLink I see everybody talking about? I have the adapter on the way, a Amazon Fire tablet hacked for Apple Play, MotoScan app downloaded….as soon as I get the adapter I’ll start fumbling around to see what if anything works on it….unless anybody has already beat me to the punch and can give me some insight. (2016 RT)
Take a look at what I wrote quite sometimes back . . . . . Alternative to GS-911. You don't have to read the whole long thread, but you should be able to pick up a lot of information there. You have a '16 RT, and so you will need a special converter cable to make the connection. Pay close attention as to what I posted about that. OTOH, I have one that I had used on my previous '15 RT, if anybody is interested, you can make me an offer for it!

·
Premium Member
6,386 Posts
There was one guy who apparently ignored what I warned about the cable and bought some other one, and wondered why it didn't work!

·
Premium Member
6,386 Posts
BTW, MotoScan web site also give you similar and more updated information nowadays. Back when I wrote that thread, the site is only in German, but now, you can change the language and have the contents translated to English (and a couple other languages) instantly.

·
Premium Member
6,386 Posts
I am not sure about changing the unit. I also prefer to use miles over km, but figured it to be a really minor issue that I had pretty much ignored it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.