BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where i can purchase a connector cable for a Motorola T series FRS radio for my K1200lt and are they any good? My wife will be driving our RV to washington and i will be on the K12 and will want to be able to communicate with her. Thanks

ezriderfrank :bmw:

·
Registered
507 Posts
ezriderfrank said:
Does anyone know where i can purchase a connector cable for a Motorola T series FRS radio for my K1200lt and are they any good? My wife will be driving our RV to washington and i will be on the K12 and will want to be able to communicate with her.
Don't know what year your bike is, but if you have a Voice II system I don't think you are going to find a cable to hook up a Motorola FRS. I think there are some specs on the tech section of this site if you are capable of making your own connecting cord. In general, I think BMW has adopted the Kenwood jack configuration for the Voice II comm system.

·
Human Behaviour Analyst
267 Posts
The technicians at Sierra MC Elctronics can likely tell you (in a 3 minute phone call) how you can make it work.
Near as I can tell, they know EVERYTHING ...... so if there are any other life mysteries you`re wondering about, you might try them :)
You can get the contact info here.
http://www.sierra-mc.com/contact.asp
Sounds like a fun trip you`re planning .... communications between you and the boss :stir: in the RV will make it even better.
Best,
Keir

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have very good luck with the Motorola T series FRS.

Read this:
http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33923

You don't say what's you intercom system you are using. If it's the VOICE II, I don't think there is a ready-made cable, but you can build it pretty easily. Send me a note if you need help or want me to make one for you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my K1200lt is a 2000 year model and has the j&r intercom system. Will the part # 99 990 00 201 cable from BMW work with a T series motorola FRS.

ezriderfrank :bmw:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts