BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody tried one of these yet? I know it's phone only, but that would work for me when the wife's not along. I put a link below to one of the items on ebay for sale. I'm thinking about bidding on it. I thought I'd reach out to the board for feedback first.

-------------------------------------------------
Motorola Wireless Helmet Headset HS830 with Bluetooth Wireless Technology

Brand New in Sealed Box!
IN STOCK, READY TO SHIP

***USA VERSION, MEETS ALL USA REGULATIONS AND IS WARRANTED IN THE USA. GENUINE USA VERSION!!!***

WATCH OUT FOR EURO/ASIA VERSIONS

With the Motorola Wireless Helmet Headset HS830 Motorola expands their award-winning wireless accessory portfolio to further provide consumers with the ultimate tools for personal communication using Bluetooth wireless technology.

Delivering Motorola’s signature styling and wear-ability with up-to five hours of talk time, the user-friendly Motorola Wireless HS830 helmet and pendant headsets take wireless connectivity to the extremes by invisibly and reliably creating a hands-free connection between headset and mobile to meet all on-the-go communication needs. And, like all other Bluetooth enabled devices, the model HS830 works with virtually any make or model mobile phone that has Bluetooth wireless technology.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5826789112&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

·
Registered
141 Posts
Inter-bike use?

This sounds interesting....

Has anyone tried it between bikes? 30 feet doesn't sound like much, but in formation might be just good enough...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bluetooth helmets

My wife and I have the Dianese Ergon Jet EVO 1 bluetooth helmets. We bought them because we really liked the helmets. They are very light weight and comfortable. You can't get them in the USA w/o bluetooth so we were kind of forced to try it out.

They work fine as an intercom around town but they do not have a "VOX" function so they get very noisy at highway speeds. We usually turn them off (hold the control button down for 4 seconds) while not talking. It's really a pain actually. As a handsfree bluetooth phone headset it works very well but be aware that you have to "disconnect" from the other helmet to use the phone. That's also a hassle most times. Also, I've found no way so far to pipe music through them either.

Last week I installed J&M headsets so we could have music and better intercom function. There was room to leave the bluetooth hardware in the helmets so I did. We'll probably just use them for their phone functions now and leave everything else to the Voice II. I still like this little helmet though. It's very easy to wear.

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
Just ordered 2 and will be here tomorrow. As soon as I can I will post an opinion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts