BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all riders in the Calgary area, just a quick note to let you know about a ride for a good cause that is taking place this coming Saturday June 2nd. The ride is called the "Motorcycle Ride for Dad" and it is raising funds for Prostate cancer research. The ride is a guided parade through Calgary from the Calary Police association to the Mark's work wearhouse location in Shawnessey. This is followed by a poker run through the surrounding country side. Full details and registration/pledge forms are available from the web site.

http://www.motorcycleridefordad.org/cal/

I have no official affiliation with the ride I am just planning on riding and collecting pledges :)

It should be a great ride and a good chance for all Calgary area BMW riders to get out.

Ken

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Sorry, I won't be there. I will be flying to Edmonton to see my brand new GRAND DAUGHTER, my first! She was born on May 27th.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats on the first Grandaughter Garry. It is wonderful to be a grandpa, I have three grandkids and it is great.

Ken

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just participated in my third MRFD here in Ottawa last Saturday. We had an awesome turnout - 1627 bikes and raised over $260K.

Good luck on the 2nd!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will be looking for your bike Roy. I will be on a 07 blue LT. Are you going to be doing registrations on Friday evening? I am thinking of pre registering on Friday to beat the rush Saturday morning and be one of the first 600.

Ken

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Roy,

I will see you this evening. We are coming down to register. Hopefully we will have a great turnout of bikes.

When you set up the poker run route did you by any chance create a GPS route of it. (Looking for reasons to play with the Garmin 2720 I have :) )

Ken

·
Registered
23 Posts
When we pre-registered last Friday for our Sat ride, we all received a booklet with the text directions for the poker run. I then manually laid out the route in Mapsource and downloaded it to my Zumo.

·
Registered
675 Posts
The Calgary Ride for Dad is over for this year, which was our first. The weather was great, the food was plentiful and the riders were fantastic.
We accumulated app. 240 bikes for the ride, which is not bad for the first year.
Special thanks goes out to all volunteers but especially Marks Work Wearhouse (the primary sponsor) and the Calgary City Police Association.
I saw 4 Lt's in the group ---- I can smell a tech session coming:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts