BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have really wanted a lift at the house as having used my friends lift several times. I found It is much easier than laying down on the old hard cold cement floor. I have been looking in our local Craigs list for about a year. I did find a couple but either did not have the money or was too late. Friday I was looking and found an older K & L, the one with the air cylinders parallel to the floor. I called the seller, a US Air pilot who needed to clear out his garage as he was expanding the garage. He stated that he has had it for about 5 years and it look very good. No signs of leaks or oil. I called K&L and spoke to a rep who stated that this model was maid up to about three years ago and they still carry parts. Five clams later it now sits in my garage waiting for the next service and look over. it is 1K rated so no problem for the LT. :yeah:

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
robasay said:
I have really wanted a lift at the house as having used my friends lift several times. I found It is much easier than laying down on the old hard cold cement floor. I have been looking in our local Craigs list for about a year. I did find a couple but either did not have the money or was too late. Friday I was looking and found an older K & L, the one with the air cylinders parallel to the floor. I called the seller, a US Air pilot who needed to clear out his garage as he was expanding the garage. He stated that he has had it for about 5 years and it look very good. No signs of leaks or oil. I called K&L and spoke to a rep who stated that this model was maid up to about three years ago and they still carry parts. Five clams later it now sits in my garage waiting for the next service and look over. it is 1K rated so no problem for the LT. :yeah:
I bought a k&L about 3 years ago. Sounds like you got the same one. Mine was 900 new so you got a nice deal. You'll LOVE it!!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
You won't regret it one bit Rob. I wish I had gotten one long before I did. Every time I go for a different tool, part, or to check the manual, I think of my knees, getting up and down. I love my lift, even use it for my lawn tractor.

·
Registered
247 Posts
In October 2010, I bought the Harbor Freight lift, rated up to 1,000 lb (vs the bigger one for 1200 ltb). It is excellent. Manual hydraulics and price on sale was $299, new. Recommended to me by a mechanic who formerly owned a BMW dealership.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts