BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad has got a little older and is having a harder time holding up his BMW k1200LT Motorcycle. And he still loves to ride. I have seen a picture of a bike with landing gear that folds down when he comes to a stop, but I can not find a website to order them. If anyone has any info on this, please leade me to a website, :wave
thanks.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
My dad has got a little older and is having a harder time holding up his BMW k1200LT Motorcycle. And he still loves to ride. I have seen a picture of a bike with landing gear that folds down when he comes to a stop, but I can not find a website to order them. If anyone has any info on this, please leade me to a website, :wave
thanks.

Years ago I rode a Goldwing with this setup. Very unsettling and I don't know if I could ever get used to it. I would suggest a sidecar or trike. The sidecar is more fun to ride but the trike is somewhat easier to steer. Both are good choices to keep riding.

Robert

·
Registered
696 Posts
A friend of mine had LandingGear installed on LT. He took it off a day later as it had deployed randomly while at speed.....TWICE! Thought it was going to kill him. When the system deployed, it flipped the bike out of control and off the road.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I second that idea, they can be removed and the bike sold later with no ill effects. I have heard very good things about them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts