BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, we had a post earlier about motorcyle lifts and LT's. How about motorcycle jacks?

My neighbor had his Harley Softail up on his jack the other day, with both wheels off. He was showing me how the jack worked. Looking at it, I wondered if you could even use one on an LT. His Harley was just as rock steady as if it was on the floor. He could push it, pull on it, move it around.

So what's the word on jacks?

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
As I think about it, "jacks" don't work as well because of the "underfairing" or bellypan on the LT. Harleys have exposed frame tubing underneath, giving the jack a solid surface upon which to lift the bike.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was thinking, but really hadn't looked at the frame that closely when I had the fairings off last week.

Thanks Jack.

·
Registered
153 Posts
CajunBass said:
Ok, we had a post earlier about motorcyle lifts and LT's. How about motorcycle jacks?

My neighbor had his Harley Softail up on his jack the other day, with both wheels off. He was showing me how the jack worked. Looking at it, I wondered if you could even use one on an LT. His Harley was just as rock steady as if it was on the floor. He could push it, pull on it, move it around.

So what's the word on jacks?
I bought one and it would not work on account of the skid plate and center stand on the LT.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I purchased an Eazy Rizer Big Blue Lift for my stable. While this is expensive relative to some of the table lifts people are purchasing I believe the Big Blue is more versitile and certainly is more portable and takes up a lot less floor space. I also like the fact that you can sit directly beneath the bike to work on it.

They make many different mounts to adapt to various styles of motorcycles. They make a custom mount for the LT that works very well. I purchased a rail mount (two rails like the floor jacks) for my HD. I have heard that some people have made modifications to the rail mount to make it work on the LT. I also purchased a front wheel mount. For my LT this gives me the option of pulling both wheels using the the multi mount support at the front of the engine or if I use the front wheel mount I get better access to the engine area.

I am still looking into the best options for lifting my GS with the Big Blue but I am sure there will be multiple solutions. After putting mine together I can see these are designed to last a lifetime. Their wheel grab product also works very well and is of a heavy duty design.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
jwd98056 said:
I purchased an Eazy Rizer Big Blue Lift for my stable. While this is expensive relative to some of the table lifts people are purchasing I believe the Big Blue is more versitile and certainly is more portable and takes up a lot less floor space. I also like the fact that you can sit directly beneath the bike to work on it.

They make many different mounts to adapt to various styles of motorcycles. They make a custom mount for the LT that works very well. I purchased a rail mount (two rails like the floor jacks) for my HD. I have heard that some people have made modifications to the rail mount to make it work on the LT. I also purchased a front wheel mount. For my LT this gives me the option of pulling both wheels using the the multi mount support at the front of the engine or if I use the front wheel mount I get better access to the engine area.

I am still looking into the best options for lifting my GS with the Big Blue but I am sure there will be multiple solutions. After putting mine together I can see these are designed to last a lifetime. Their wheel grab product also works very well and is of a heavy duty design.
You bought the Big Blue with the BMW kit, and it works on your LT without blocking the oil filter cover?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Big Blue

Brian said
hallzee said:
You bought the Big Blue with the BMW kit, and it works on your LT without blocking the oil filter cover?
If you place the front wheel in a wheel mount the bike will be lifted by the front wheel and the rear BMW K1200LT mount leaving the underneath of the bike completely clear with no obstructions. If you have a 'R' bike there are holes at the front of the engine and there is a mounting kit available that will fit in these holes.

Jim do you allways have to remove the tip over bar or do you move the bike to the side a bit more?

Regards

·
Registered
628 Posts
I have one I throw under the middle to keep the front wheel off the groud while on the center stand if I need to remove the front wheel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts