BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,170 Posts
CohesiveTechnology said:
The is the kind of stuff that my company is building; exactly why I am going to be in business.
I am totally on board with using my LT to field test your system!;) Seriously!

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Ya know what I think would be cool?
No?
Tough, you're gonna hear it anyway.
I've been thinking about a replacement dash, eliminating all the instruments, that's a touch screen computer. In it would be icons of all the instruments, plus any you would want to add, and they could be maximized, minimized or stretched to any dimension you wanted and placed (dragged) anywhere you wanted them. It would include a GPS and phone (or just linked to your particular phone). It'd have music too.
Imagine, going down the hwy and being able to switch from speedo and tach to GPS, or phone, or any other display you choose, and the size you want.
Now THAT would be cool.

·
Registered
543 Posts
The best safety system is your brain. More people need to learn how to use it.
Also, enforce the ban on cell phones and texting. Things would improve significantly.
Ellie

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm all in favor of more safety "aids. I especially like ABS and I would like my next bike to have traction control and whatever other safety improvements the engineers can come up with. I'll still ride as safely as I can, but I would like the added edge of technology whenever possible.

And yeah to one simple touch screen that can be reprogrammed to easily display whatever info you want.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts