BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
You can stand down now, Deputy Thomas.
You're relieved of your watch.
Thank you for your long and dedicated service.
May you rest in peace.

Respectfully,

Gary

·
Premium Member
4,883 Posts
John, I am so sorry to hear of this officers death. I simply hate to hear of these types of accidents which really aren't accidents at all. This officer died for nothing. What a tragic loss.

Do any motor officers travel with any type of headlight "flicker" during the day? I generally keep mine on when off of interstates and or following traffic on a major highway. Wonder if it really makes a difference at intersections where it seems more than 1/2 of all motorcycle fatalities occur?

·
Premium Member
3,872 Posts
R.I.P. Brother...R.I.P.

Dano, I am not aware of any agencies that use the modulators, but I do know the ones that use HD's take off the driving lights to use the mounts for the emergency lights, which cuts down on the amount of white light to the front.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My prayers and condolences to the officer's family.

I actually live North of Macon, GA. In AGA. They did a lousy job of reporting that here. This is the first I have heard of it.

Actually, another Motorman was hit, up the road, on the GA 316, when he was standing on the roadside giving a ticket. I think he lived.

Based upon personal experience, we have some of the most aggressive (and stupid) drivers here. They are especially aggressive toward motorcyclists.

They actually had to pass a law to get people to move over a lane, when safe, when officers are off of the roadside.

And don't get me started about red lights. Running them is a sport 'round these parts.

-------
James

1 - 5 of 5 Posts