BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All-

Brighten up an otherwise somber day with my exciting new review of Motoport's Racing Gloves, plus a special message to my viewers that follows.... Let me know what you think!

-MKL

·
Premium Member
3,162 Posts
Since I own a pair I have to say you are spot on on your review.

Everything you point out is why they are my spare gloves in my side case and my Held are my gloves I wear every ride.

I too have not figured out why they are not heat absorbing as other black leather or black gloves are?

All in all I wish I could have a do over.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. I was disappointed overall, given how absolutely awesome all the other Motoport stuff I've tested has been. I'm sure these are durable, but $169 for gloves with - at best - low to midpack functional performance seems a little ridiculous.

-MKL

·
Registered
601 Posts
That was a good review. I too am a fan of Motoport and this objective review should keep them on their toes.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was a good review. I too am a fan of Motoport and this objective review should keep them on their toes.
Thanks. Yes, I try to call it as I see it. After the prior Motoport reviews, which I stand by, people were probably expecting me to rave again - but this time the product didn't merit it.

-MKL

·
Registered
418 Posts
Moshe
Thanks for another great review. The gloves look like ... well ... trying to be nice ... not worth $160-ish.

I have 4 pairs of Helds that are in my rotation now...yes I have a problem, but that's another story.

You asked for other ideas.
1) Alpinestar glove review...you pick the model...I would like to hear about their race version.
2) How about something totally different? Pre and Post Pro-suspension tune. Washington Cycle Works (I believe close to you) did amazing work in 20 minutes on my S1kRR.
3) Seats! Russell, Sargent, Corbin, Saddleman, other?
4) Undergarments. No I don't really want to see you in them, but the vast majority of us are wearing something underneath.
5) Boots.
6) GPS and/or Routing Software.
7) Armored Jeans.
8) Schools...CSS, Yamaha, Lee Parks, etc.

I think that would keep you busy for a while.

Reactions: TwoWheels

·
Registered
209 Posts
I had the same racing gloves, but after one season sold them on eBay.

For me with very large hands, they were just not a good fit around the ends of the fingers and controlling the switches with let hand was tedious and cumbersome wit the wrinkles at the ends of the fingers getting in the way.

Agree with floppy gauntlet and too thin wrist strap.

Great review.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you gentlemen! To your ideas.....

1) Alpinestar glove review...you pick the model...I would like to hear about their race version.

I'll reach out to them. I have an old set of Alpine racing gloves - real racing gloves. They're good, but all the metal rusted after a few bouts of rain. Disappointing - they were almost $300 if I recall!

2) How about something totally different? Pre and Post Pro-suspension tune. Washington Cycle Works (I believe close to you) did amazing work in 20 minutes on my S1kRR.

Reminds me of an old article i did for MCN where we objectively measured the response of old worn out stock suspension vs. new Ohlins vs. Hyperpro. Remember that one? http://mklsportster.com/Articles/mcnsuspension.pdf That was involved! Took a month to arrange that one!

3) Seats! Russell, , Sargent, Corbin, Saddleman, other?

Just did BMS -
- tested a Corbin in print too, but decided to use Rocky's seat for the video review. I'll get more.

4) Undergarments. No I don't really want to see you in them, but the vast majority of us are wearing something underneath.

On the way both in print and video (LD Comfort.)

5) Boots.

Did Dainese already as one of my first vids.
Sidi Deep Rain in process.

6) GPS and/or Routing Software.

In process. I found an app that renders GPS obsolete - at least, to me.

7) Armored Jeans.

In process (Aerostich.)

8) Schools...CSS, Yamaha, Lee Parks, etc.

Attending Stayin' Safe next month. I'll see if I can put that together. Great ideas!! (Now if only I could win the lotto, quit working and put my 3 little kids on stasis, I could do this fun stuff full time!

-MKL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts