BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed some caliper Motolights and WOW what a difference. Highly recommended!! While doing the above I realized how much my bike reminds me of being married. I cussed and swore at her (my bike) because she kept doing things to piss me off. After finishing all my add-ons and after cussing her for 2 days. I stood back when done and realized how much I love her. So I talked sweet to her and she took me for a great ride!(my bike) :eek:

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
I've been a Motolights fans for several years. And the company is even better than the product. Awesome customer support! :)

·
Registered
712 Posts
If Motolight made HID lights I might have bought some, but I've never seen any. I sold my PIAA lights for the same reason (not HID) and replaced them with Trail Tech HID lights. So far, nothing I have seen beats a HID light in action.

·
Registered
630 Posts
hifiman said:
I installed some caliper Motolights and WOW what a difference. Highly recommended!! While doing the above I realized how much my bike reminds me of being married. I cussed and swore at her (my bike) because she kept doing things to piss me off. After finishing all my add-ons and after cussing her for 2 days. I stood back when done and realized how much I love her. So I talked sweet to her and she took me for a great ride!(my bike) :eek:
I agree, Alex, they are a great addition to the LT.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quick questions. I can not get back far enough in my garage to get a good level/aim. I used a level and pointed them slightly down. I took it for a ride and no one flashed their lights saying they were to bright. I just did the included 35w. I get good ground coverage. Does it sound right to you?

Also I could not find a torqe rating for the caliper bolts used on the motolights. I tightened to the point the light housing would not turn. Pretty darn tight. The OEMs that came out didnt seem that tight. I also saw no evidence of lock tight on the OEM bolts so I didnt use it on these. Am I ok?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,918 Posts
The caliper bolts on the 05 are torqued to 30 Nm or 22.1 ftlb no loctite.

The smaller pinch bolt controls the rotation of the light. Set it at 3.5 degrees down from level. There should have been a cardboard ring to place in front of the lens to hold an inclinometer on to for setting the angle.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
hifiman said:
I get good ground coverage. Does it sound right to you?
I make my final adjustments to my Motolights by pulling up to a large window at night (think: your local strip plaza) and look at the reflections of the lights in the store-front window. I keep raising them little by little until I think they are too high, then back them down a tad. I never have people flashing me their brights . . . even when I had TWO sets of Motolights on my LT.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts