BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen a kit to convert Motolights and/or PIAA 1100x (they use similar bulb style) to HID?

·
Registered
437 Posts
deputy5211 said:
Has anyone seen a kit to convert Motolights and/or PIAA 1100x (they use similar bulb style) to HID?
Hmmmmm. that'd be interesting! But I'm wondering if the HID bulb would fit....it's a bit longer than most regular bulbs are.

Hey....did you split up your horn yet?

Pat

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Hi Tony,

at the least the Motolights I had (and sold them back to the US) would not have had space for a HID bulb. I don't know about the PIAA's...

If you want proper aux HIDs, my proposal is to go for the Hella Micro DE Xenons. They work...

Best regards

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pozo_izquierdo said:
Hi Tony,

at the least the Motolights I had (and sold them back to the US) would not have had space for a HID bulb. I don't know about the PIAA's...

If you want proper aux HIDs, my proposal is to go for the Hella Micro DE Xenons. They work...

Best regards
Thank you, Ari. I was looking at the Micro DE, but I don't want really want to spend $600+ for that! :)

Maybe just a "bluer" and/or "whiter" bulb so not such a striking contrast to the HID installed.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Piaa LED sets

I have a weekend project to install a set on BMR's long (under the mirror) mounting brackets. 150.00 per set from a local store (170.00) at PIAA's site. 65.00 for mount from Raffey's site ( http://motogear4you.com/index.html )

Will post pic when done

reason for change from bulb type unit. the bulbs keep burning out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts