BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears that Fox got a 1 race deal with MotoGP to broadcast the USGP from Laguna Seca live next Sunday at 2 p.m. PDT. For you Tivo/DVR users - it's not getting picked up by my season pass so you may want to check yours. For those of you expecting to see it on Speed or CBS, check your local Fox affiliate since they should be carrying it.

I wish they would settle down and pick who they want to show these things. This jumping from station to station crais starting to wear thin on my nerves. :mad:

On the other hand, I'll actually be at the race track watching it live, so I guess I can't complain too much. :D

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I would have missed it:(

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Thanks David - i would have missed it as well...

Enjoy the race - I always look forward to your 'report' and your fantastic pictures...

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
DavidTaylor said:
It appears that Fox got a 1 race deal with MotoGP to broadcast the USGP from Laguna Seca live next Sunday at 2 p.m. PDT. For you Tivo/DVR users - it's not getting picked up by my season pass so you may want to check yours. For those of you expecting to see it on Speed or CBS, check your local Fox affiliate since they should be carrying it.

I wish they would settle down and pick who they want to show these things. This jumping from station to station crais starting to wear thin on my nerves. :mad:

On the other hand, I'll actually be at the race track watching it live, so I guess I can't complain too much. :D
I agree with ya on jumping around on different stations, David. F1 has been doing the same thang the last few races --- practice (Fri) and qualifying (Sat) on Speed Channel, then the race (Sun) on Fox. Funny thang tho, the same announcers!!! I guess somethang is cooking in the boardrooms! :confused:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
FYI;

The last 2 years I have watched Laguna on the net.
Go to Motogp.com website and you can sign up to watch live.
We have been used to watching the regular anouncers and they KNOW the GPs better than most. We pay the 7$ and watch the race with the better guys that follow the races all year. The american anouncers are OK but they dont follow year after year after year. They know all the riders personnally and it shows during the race. IMHO.
But I have to admit its good to see the races on network tv. maybe the americans will finnally undestand the beauty of Motorcycle racing.

Zeke

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up David.

DavidTaylor said:
Hey! I'll be there too. Maybe I'll see ya there? :D Don't you owe me a beer or sumpin?!?! :p

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
messenger13 said:
Thanks for the heads-up David.

Hey! I'll be there too. Maybe I'll see ya there? :D Don't you owe me a beer or sumpin?!?! :p
Hmm, could be! :D

·
Registered
353 Posts
I just hope FOX has someone that can call a race. Geesh, it is supposed to be exciting, how about a bit of emotion guys.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
slowflyn said:
I just hope FOX has someone that can call a race. Geesh, it is supposed to be exciting, how about a bit of emotion guys.
Least you won't have to listen to David Hobbs on F1 - I swear, his mouth must be in perpetual motion and they just shove a mic up his nose now and then!! :alien: One of these days, they'll do that while he's speakin' english - maybe!! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
DavidTaylor said:

Thanks a ton Dave for the heads up on the broadcast. I would have missed it if not for your post. We only choose network TV at our home, so we miss a lot.

Thanks again, and hope you guys had good seats near the corkscrew or Rainey corner or something.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
what can I say!

It was a pity to see your local boys take each other so early, but...

We're happy!!! :dance:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts