BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you spell sucks? Oh, I just did. That's what the BIGDO garage door opener from MotoFx does. First of all, the ad doesn't say that if you have a rolling code opener (Certain Genie models do) that you need an additional $25. receiver in addition to the $75. basic unit. Then, the installation instructions are neither clear nor friendly.

I finally got it installed and placed it under my seat. Guess what? (They tell you this in the instructions). There's too much stuff blocking it, so it doesn't work under there. Well, I bring it out and duct tape it inside a plastic bag for protection. Occasionally, if I hold my mouth just right and hit the actuate button (in my case it's the equivalent of the warning flasher, both turn signals at the same time) it might open. However, that's only if I'm sitting still, parked almost touching my garage door. And, if the wife is on too, then the whole unit is blocked and I have to use my carry along one like I used to anyway. Since there's no return on electronic parts, I'm out $100. on a unit that doesn't work even marginally. MotoFx doesn't seem to be willing to do anything either. :(

All in all, this is one gadget you don't need to waste your money or time on.

·
IBR# 366
16,553 Posts
Thanks for the info, Hal. Even negative reviews are helpful sometimes.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Sorry to hear this Hal. My dealing with the BIGDO has been just the opposite. I pull up to my curb, trigger the unit and it works almost every time. About once every 2 months I need to pull up to the garage door to get it to work. Mine is located under the passenger seat.
I did get the impression when I bought mine that the unit was geared to work with some brands or units better than others. I have also noticed that the unit does not seem to have the range that my OEM unit has.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts