BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
You, sir, are a sick sick man.

On the other hand, last week, while riding through Nevada, I was going through the derivation of the "basic speed formula" from force and kinetic energy. :histerica

·
Registered
543 Posts
Very good.
As I walk the halls of my place of work I practice my cornering.
I stay wide when I get to a corner for the late apex then turn in.
People think I'm a nut but I see it's inherent in Beemer ownership. :)

(Note: I have avoided collisions with fellow employees on many occasions.)

Ellie:bmw:

·
Registered
929 Posts
And to think...all I do is day dream. No wonder I'm just a flunky... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Other that mileage and money count at next stop.
The only figures I mess around with are how far to next stop and if I have the right monies to get what I want. The rest of the time I am taking in nature's beauties. And taking pictures when ever I can. I like antiques things I might never run across again in life. At my age you cherish the memories.
ride safe :bmw:

Attachments

·
Registered
989 Posts
Lawrence_D said:
Improve your math skills while riding? Try some Moto-Math
I dunno. I tried to do moto-math, but the slide rule did not fit into the oddments compartment. Even my little 20cm plastic one. Besides, how do you Bluetooth-enable a slide rule?

(I just love that pic).

·
IBR# 366
16,582 Posts
But miles ridden is related to total engine revolutions. It's a perfectly linear relationship as there are gear ratios and idle times to consider, but for our rough calculations, it's pretty damn close. And much easier to track, as all bikes are required to have working odometers, and folks are trained to think in miles.

Hours run, as they do in dirt bikes, takes idle time into consideration, but has no bearing on engine load in different gears.

So if you really wanted to be picky about it, you'd track both.

And then you'd do the math, make a few assumptions, round a few figures, and come up with a reasonable service interval that takes all of this into account.

Which, I imagine, BMW has already done when they came up with their recommended 6,000-mile service interval. ;)

My last bike had a waterproof calculator mounted on the handlebars. That was more for quick time/speed/distance calculations, and occasionally fuel consumption, but it did tend to gather some odd looks from random bystanders. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts