BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my 99 k1200lt back in May and have put 7000 miles on it since then. I absolutley love the bike, and during my evening after work boredom I was wondering, what are the most miles you guys have ever seen on the K1200lt? Mine currently just turned 64000 mi on it and I'm positive its just getting broke in. By the way, the attached photo is my wife and the love of my life (the LT) in front of the Mackinaw bridge.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
The most I have heard of was 330,000 miles and I believe it was still going strong when it was totaled.

·
Registered
342 Posts
skotlyc said:
I just purchased my 99 k1200lt back in May and have put 7000 miles on it since then. I absolutley love the bike, and during my evening after work boredom I was wondering, what are the most miles you guys have ever seen on the K1200lt? Mine currently just turned 64000 mi on it and I'm positive its just getting broke in. By the way, the attached photo is my wife and the love of my life (the LT) in front of the Mackinaw bridge.
G'day Scott,
heyyyyyyyyyy your bike looks like the identical twin of Beryl Beemer, ...ok to be really similar you need a smokey windscreen.... and strangley enough my wife looks ..............nothing like yours .... :)

Beryl Beemer has 197,000kms on the clock and chugging along as happy as can be in this poxy Sydney traffic....

cheers

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
She is truly a beauty!

Loren

skotlyc said:

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
sanjaun2 said:
The most I have heard of was 330,000 miles and I believe it was still going strong when it was totaled.
Ditto. That was Don A's bike.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wow, 7,000 miles since May. Pretty good considering you are working.. Bought my 2009 in May and just over 4,500 since then. I better get with it ;) . CCR 2011 will add some.. Instead of the ~500 mile direct route for me I plan on a +1000 mile route to Boise. Given the CCR side rides and the ride home I will rack up some good mileage. I agree it is a very enjoyable ride and the two up comfort can't be beat.

·
Registered
107 Posts
My '99 had 63k when I bought it late January. It now has 72k...so, yeah, almost 10k in 7 months. Kinda lonely with her in the shop right now. I've been spending more time on the forum to make myself feel better. :)

Not the KLT, but a friend's dad has a K75 that's going on 190k and still strong.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,989 Posts
Mine only has 149,000 miles on it & it still runs sweet. It will take me about 4 more years to double the miles on it. Here is a pic from my second trip 8 weeks after after I got the bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the comments on my bike (and my wife :D ). I personally feel the burgandy is the best color they made, although its hard to keep clean. On a side note my wonderful wife is right there behind me for however many miles I want to put on, rain or shine. She is a true trooper.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Thats what I heard was around 330k. I have 214k and still cant seem to get off her. Just keep wearing parts out. Ride it long and hard she will love you back.
Have fun, keep the rubber side down

Zeke

1 - 11 of 11 Posts