BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am getting into the spirit of repairs...As such, I need to find the BEST manual for replacing the integral ABS pump on my 2002. I have given up on a rebuild, and sourced a few used pumps. Please comment on your experience with the various manuals that are still available for me to purchase. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm new to the BMW community and also the K1200LT and all it's idiosyncrasies. I"m not very mechanical, but I've already removed the tupperware for drive light addition. Success on both. But it looks like I'll need to improve my skills to do some of the other maintenance.
What's the best repair manual out there and I've already found the benefit of this forums.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,341 Posts
+2 on the Clymer, but it won't help you on the integral brakes as it does not cover the i-ABS unit replacement. Nor does it is discuss the bleeding of the system afterwards.

Now having said that the replacement is pretty straight forward as all the fittings are clip retained o-ring sealed tubes. Pull the clip and pop the tube out. Like wise on replacement pop the tube in (lube the o-ring with BF) and replace the clip.

Bleeding is done in two stages. 1. The control circuits through three ports for front and three ports for rear on the ABS unit. Once that is complete you then bleed the wheel circuits but those can be done with a long hose from the caliper back to the reservoir while letting the servo pump move the fluid. The front control is fed from the reservoir on the handle bar. The rear control is fed from the front chamber of the rear dual chambered reservoir.

Front wheel is fed from the rear half of the rear reservoir and the rear wheel is fed from the front half of the rear reservoir (shared with the rear control).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts