BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If it pleases the membership:

I struck up a deal with the CCR staff to have 6 sockets and Allen wrenches for auction at CCR in Duluth. In addition I will make 6 more sockets and wrenches available to the membership. For the list members wanting to buy them all they need to do is send the money via PayPal directly to the staff. I will ship them directly to the successful recipients when they are finished prior to labor day weekend. I will share the required information to the first 6 members who PM me their desire to buy. The units will ship when the staff confirms payment. I'm setting a $40 value on these sockets (remember this is for our charity and not for profit or loss). Attached is a picture of two of the sockets that haven't been d-burred.



Best regards,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,423 Posts
PM sent
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
johnbaker15 said:
Might be me Ernie but no photo, just the X spot the shows there should be one?
I don't know what is going on with the gallery but my pictures are not coming through, but here is a picture of what they will look like except they will not be chromed. Sorry for the actual pictures not showing up. Randy is looking into the photo gallery.



 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
johnbaker15 said:
Might be me Ernie but no photo, just the X spot the shows there should be one?
Here are the actual sockets and Allen wrenches that are available.
Ckick here

Still 4 sets left!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I still have 2 sockets and Allen wrenches left that are not committed to the CCR charity. If you want one send me a PM and I'll give you the details on how to donate to the CCR charity and I cover the shipping too.





 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ErnieA said:
I still have 2 sockets and Allen wrenches left that are not committed to the CCR charity. If you want one send me a PM and I'll give you the details on how to donate to the CCR charity and I cover the shipping too.





One more set left then I will make a dozen clutch alignment tools next. PM me if you want a socket, and the donation goes to the 2012 CCR Charity, and I cover the shipping all for $40! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,138 Posts
Hey folks, just a little plug here from one who has utilized Ernie's tools: If you're going to be removing the Rear Drive, Driveshaft Housing or Clutch, these tools are worth every penny! And to be helping out the kids through the CCR Charity Drive is a big plus!
We used Ernie's 30 mm Cutout socket as well as his clutch alignment tool when we were changing Art's clutch and that made all the difference in a tough job.

John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Am I too late, I would like one but do not know how to do pay pal, can i call with a credit card number? Tim
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sweetride said:
I'll take one.
Can you PM me tomorrow? I'll get you set up.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
timm1 said:
Am I too late, I would like one but do not know how to do pay pal, can i call with a credit card number? Tim
I'll make a few more sets and get you hooked up. Drop me a PM tomorrow.
Thx!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
AlaskaFish said:
Hey folks, just a little plug here from one who has utilized Ernie's tools: If you're going to be removing the Rear Drive, Driveshaft Housing or Clutch, these tools are worth every penny! And to be helping out the kids through the CCR Charity Drive is a big plus!
We used Ernie's 30 mm Cutout socket as well as his clutch alignment tool when we were changing Art's clutch and that made all the difference in a tough job.

John
Big thanks John! I'm glad they did a good job for Art's clutch job. Did you guys get it back together yet? I know he was waiting for a breather hose.
:)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,886 Posts
ErnieA said:
One more set left then I will make a dozen clutch alignment tools next. PM me if you want a socket, and the donation goes to the 2012 CCR Charity, and I cover the shipping all for $40! :)
Ernie,
Put me down for a clutch alignment tool. Let me know how much and will send payment. Also to CCR, or to you?
Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,138 Posts
No sweat Ernie, I meant every word of it! Now if I just knew someone who could maybe widen the hole on this fancy chrome plated cutout socket I got from someone over in your neck of the woods a few years ago. :)

As far as Art's clutch job goes, we got it all back together including the new breather hose, and then had trouble starting the thing! Found out that we could get it to spin by playing with the Reverser Switch mechanism. Oh S---! We took it back off and found that we had sheared off one of the tiny Micro-switch buttons. Tks to the Forum here we found out that we could fool it into thinking all was OK by depressing the switch with a pen or paperclip. I was not there when the bypass was accomplished, Art held the paperclip in place and Marcia started the Bike. As I understand it, she fired right up!

So, we are now awaiting a replacement Reverser Switch assembly! But the fact that she fired right up was a warm fuzzy after having the Throttle Bodies, Fuel Rail, Air Box, Thrittle Cables, etc. all apart.

Stay tuned for details on the Clutch itself once Art actually gets to roll out the door with it!

We now return you to the original Swingarm Socket thread!

(From our Son's home in Boston)
John
ErnieA said:
Big thanks John! I'm glad they did a good job for Art's clutch job. Did you guys get it back together yet? I know he was waiting for a breather hose.
:)
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top